Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday - 7.26.16

Since I've had a rough time keeping up this blog the past few months (years?) this link-up was perfectly timed today.  Things have been going on at lightening speed here in the Bell home so I thought an hour to sit down and reflect a bit might be a good thing :)

WhatsUpWedUpdated
The ladies that host this are so fun to keep up with -- head on over to their blogs to see what's up with them too!
Shaffer Told Me To, The Larson Lingo, and Mix & Match Mama (find her in my sidebar!)

These are the questions this time around:


What we are eating this week:
We had a family meeting on Sunday and each of us had to outline our goals for the next two months.  Mine was that I would provide three meals a week for my family.  We had previously decided that we really only need three original dinners during the week because of schedules and leftovers.  With going back to work and everything that goes along with that, others will have to chip in and help out with ideas, shopping, prepping, etc.  So far this week I made a Facebook (have you seen those Tasty videos?) shrimp-spinach-pasta dish that was outstanding on Monday, fruit bowls and Mommy McMuffins today and I'm planning on Aunt Susie's chicken skewers on Friday when my sister comes (she's going to bring fresh Ohio corn on the cob -- yea!).


What I'm reminiscing about:
I recently ran across a Facebook post that I made several years ago about the beginning of the school year being my favorite.  I was trying to reassure nervous parents and ask for their trust in the school, their teachers, and to be positive about the year for their kids because THE SCHOOL STAFF CAN'T WAIT TO BEGIN!!!  I really didn't know if I would begin another school year as a teacher and have recently (like, last week) been given the chance to start over again.  I've been doing lots of reminiscing about previous lessons, previous activities, what worked, what didn't, etc., etc.  Can't wait to get started again!!!

What I'm loving:
This hot weather!!!  I know most people hate it, but being cold is so miserable that these oven-like temperatures just aren't awful to me.  I love the summertime, I love the sunshine, and I love the heat.  Just wish we were enjoying it on the lake. . .(if you click on that link you'll really get a blast from the past!!!

What we've been up to:
Check out my previous two posts :)
This week, specifically, Frederick has been at his club's soccer camp each night from 5-8, Margaret decided not to play club ball this fall and instead joined her new school's HS soccer team, Marie handed in her hard-earned HS soccer bag at her large public school to join the HS team at her new, much smaller private Christian school, withdrew three kids from their public schools and filled out endless paperwork for their new schools, went to a new-job meeting to meet my new team and collect my teacher editions, did my drug test and fingerprints, and we're trying to have some family movie nights before Fall Schedule Madness hits (in two weeks).  So far we have done Miracles from Heaven, Race, and The Temple of Doom. . .today I bought several more at the used book store:  Stand By Me, Miracle, Oceans 11 & 12, and Freedom Writers.  OK, the last is for me.  I doubt I'll get anyone on board for that one.

What I'm dreading:
Ummmmmm. . .not a thing that I can think of.  I'm nervous about the beginning of the school year but just because it's overwhelming right now.  TOM is dreading the rat race of school-work-sports-games-etc but I thrive on that :)

What I'm working on:
THIS - ha!
Oh, and, of course, pages and pages of notes and ideas and questions and paperwork and "stuff" that goes along with beginning a new job, a new school, and a new school year.  Although it's a new grade level to me (7th grade pre-algebra) it's not a new subject necessarily.  I love teaching math!!

What I'm excited about:
Duh.  Have you been reading?
Oh, and a party back in Rickman with old tennis friends.  I simply cannot wait to see everyone and am so thankful to be included in this wonderful group again!!

What I'm watching/reading:
Yea, well, I'm not much of a television watcher. . .I begged Tom not to get rid of Netflix this summer so I could catch up on my favorites (that he hates) -- Scandal and House of Cards.  Yea, I think I've watched three episodes of Scandal?  I do love being at home in the mornings during the summer and catching the TODAY Show, though.
I'm currently reading Private Paris.  I really have had a chance to read a lot this summer -- just finished a David Baldacci book, Target.  I started a private Facebook group for book suggestions this summer, though, so if you'd like to be a part of that private msg me on FB!

What I'm listening to:
Right this minute -- another dumb TV show or something that the kids are blasting on the television in the other room.  I'm so tired of the TV.  I just started a book on CD but forget the name -- I'm not even one chapter in -- or I listen to the same playlists constantly.  We also listened to the latest John Grisham Theodore Boone book on the way back from OH last weekend.

What I'm wearing:
My favorite thing - an athletic shirt and tank.  Oh, and of course, the constant sweater or jacket.  Yes, even in this heat -- the air conditioning is COLD.

What I'm doing this weekend:
I really don't know :)  My sister and her friend are stopping by Friday on their way south but other than that. . .it looks like a very rare, empty weekend.

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Soccer!!!  Especially seeing my girls play together :)

What else is new:
That's about it Friends!  I'd love to hear what's going on with all of you if you have a chance to link up at any of the above host's blogs.

Today's picture of the Day -

Filling out the student applications for their new school.  As usual, no joy in being the subject of the Picture of the Day.

Love,
Jenni

Comments