Skip to main content

June 2016

Since I am home, guess I should do a better job of keeping up with this here ol' blog :)  I love following the ones in my sidebar and even if *I* don't have any followers, it's a super great diary for me to look back through in my melancholy moods. . .

Have you seen the My Social Book that you can get on Facebook or Instagram?   I have ordered two now and really, really like them.  I post a Picture of the Day almost every day so I have a nice record/diary/scrapbook from Facebook (I've never gotten on the Instagram bandwagon. . .).

(PSA:  Most pictures are un-edited. . .if I took the time to do that. . .well. . .it could be another month - ha!)

June 1st Picture of the Day - Frederick's first Junior Team Tennis tennis match!!  I think he won in singles 8-0 and then he and his partner won their doubles match too.  Great way to start the season!
 June 2nd Picture of the Day - Off to Cedar Lake Camp for a few days for Staff Training Week.  Thomas had already been there to staff a retreat the week before, now it was his training week. . .Marie is a CIT (counselor in training) so she only had to go the 2nd half of the week.  They asked me to come and work on the staff bios again.  I love this camp, I love their mission. . .and I especially LOVE how much my kids love it!!! 
Because I'm a nerd, this is truly what I enjoy doing. . .going through their profiles, editing and changing. . .I believe there were 45 staff members this year!

June 3rd Picture of the Day - My finished product
Turns out I overlooked 2 staffers so they have to change some of the fliers out as the weeks go by (they don't have all 40+ every week) and I have noticed as I've gone back this summer that they write the name of the cabin they are in on top of the plastic sleeves and then erase at the end of the week.  This was a FUN project!!!  (Yes, I spaced out and hung them all too :)  They are attached with velcro to the wall so the camp can take down and change/replace as they wish.)

June 4th Picture of the Day
Anna, Margaret's friend (and a neighbor who is moving very soon -- boo!  At least they'll still go to the same school), wanted to do something but if it was up to Margaret, she wouldn't leave the couch (I know, not MY kid!).  Anyway, we loaded up bikes and went over to a trail I had spotted in the spring.  None of these people wanted to go much further than this point but, truth be told, we're not huge bikers and the seats are pretty bad for any lengthy trips.  This was fun though!  I bribed Margaret with Big Ed's pizza afterward -- yea!

I took this picture while we were waiting for a table and texted Anna's mom saying, "yea, these girls are ready for High School". . .ummmm. . .I think???
















June 5th Picture of the Day - I tried the popular FB recipe for foil-packet Shrimp Boil on the grill but decided to put it all together in stoneware and put that on the grill.  It was so good everyone asked for it the next night too!!!
June 6th Picture of the Day - This is Chelsea. . .almost every day (no matter the temperature) that we take her to this particular dog park
She won't jump off unless chasing something -- a stick or a ball.  We don't even have to go to the end of the dock with her anymore. . .we just stand in about the location I shot this picture and she runs around and off the dock by herself!!

June 7th Picture of the Day - this project (Margaret's Room)
That grey paint looked green over the purple so it was a double coat of primer, followed by 2 coats of grey. . .just that wall and the one opposite.  She's keeping the turquoise wall to the right.   And her closet wall will be chalkboard paint.
Ummm. . .the grey walls are done and new curtains up. . .still have some work to do (but she is sleeping in there again -- this only took about a week.  I know.  A week.  Sigh.  I didn't work on it every day though.)

June 8th Picture of the Day - real life. . .our shopping list (it really wasn't my Picture of the Day -- just the only picture I took that day -- ha!)















June 9th - I love this one!!!  It wasn't my Picture of the Day. . .just one I "snuck". . .my girlie driving!  All the way to camp (about 1.75 hours).  Yea for her!  First long-haul.
THIS was Picture of the Day for June 9th 
Cedar Lake Camp 2016


June 10th Picture of the Day - I posted this one because I just absolutely love it.  She is so. . .I don't know. . .everything.

















June 11th Picture of the Day - We finally, finally made it out!!!

June 12th Picture of the Day - Pool time in our neighborhood. . .that is my foot (lounging and reading -- my favorite thing to do at the pool!) - Frederick and Tom are tossing a football at the far end and Margaret is along the wall in the pool (back to me) talking to a friend sitting on the deck.
No big deal - just "real life" (a real GOOD life)

June 13th Picture of the Day - Day 1 of Margaret's "Project of the Week". . .before and after.  We didn't end up leaving the set black. . .this was just a compare/contrast after she primed a couple chairs with the rust-blocking primer.

June 14th Picture of the Day - Frederick (on left) and a couple of his friends wanted me to take them fishing.  In 95 degree heat.  In the middle of the day.  I didn't mind. . .only they were surprised they didn't catch anything -- hahahaha!!!  
I wanted this to be my June 15th Picture of the Day but my husband said his dad would "freak out" if I posted it on social media that they were out of town.  Good point.  And a great picture so I'm including it here (since they are now home, safe and sound).
Nancy - June 2016 - Maine
June 16th Picture of the Day - more paint!!!
The spray paint were the last cans we needed to finish Margaret's project, the can was to finish her room (I took in that almost-empty can and asked for another -- I only needed < one tray more!! -- and only after everything had dried and I was putting outlet covers back on did Tom and I notice:  the color wasn't the same!!!  Ugh!!!  Lowe's did this to us in Marie's room too. . .last time I buy custom-mixed paint there.  Grrr.  I'll have to eventually re-paint that wall. . .but not now. . .), and the samples are for our bedroom.

June 17th Picture of the Day - We needed something other than the van to haul the boat over all these East Tennessee hills. . .
He's been on the look-out for months and months and has had his eye on this one for weeks.  He's really happy with it (although it needed about as much work done on it that it cost us!!) but should last another 100K miles?  We have really become big fans of Toyota over the past 3 or so years. . .

PICTURE OF THE MONTH - I couldn't even caption this one on FB because. . .well. . .I don't believe there are words in the human language to describe it.  This man has been surely blessed by the Lord!
Father's Day 2016
Luke 12:48b - "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked"  NIV
We are privileged to serve the Lord!!!

June 19th Picture of the Day - his turn!!!
Camper - June 2016
June 20th Picture of the Day - Margaret's completed project -- we love it!

It looks like I haven't downloaded any other pictures from June since then. . .stay tuned. . .

Love,
Jenni

Comments