Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday 8.30.17

It's been awhile since I have participated in one of these posts :)
I think these posts are more interesting for me to look back on than really anyone to read. . .but since I feel like I "know" lots of bloggers I read I do enjoy reading their posts in the link-ups. . .so if interested, read on, blog and link up, or put your own answers in the comments!

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK:
 Our poor, poor children.  Our schedules are so busy that every night is "what you can find".  I have been shopping -- and cooked on the weekend -- but like Frederick said to me last night, "I don't want to make my own food".  Well. . .maybe he'll find someone in his life that will prepare all of his meals for him -- ha!  (He reminds me that Grandpa Fred found someone!)  I will say that I have flank steak marinating and today at lunch Tom will grill it and I will prepare a salad so everyone can grab-and-go between school-practice-church-homework tonight.

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
Truly, where I was last year.  I loved my job as a 7th grade math teacher. . .recently I was going through pictures that I took and felt very nostalgic for that time.
Students working together. . .
Getting to school early enough to watch the Today Show with my kiddos (they eating breakfast, finishing homework, me preparing lessons, making copies, etc for the day)
or sometimes just playing cards!
Chapel

Birthday posters -- I made each student a poster and throughout the day their classmates and teachers would sign it for them to show how much they are loved.
Students teaching one another. . .
And sometimes it was just "test time". . .and all the grading that went with that!  Yes, I truly miss it, almost every day.
My 2016-17 teaching team celebrating a birthday
WHAT I'M LOVING:
Cool mornings, HOT afternoons, and cool evenings. . .

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
 Family pictures before Thomas left for college. . .


High school soccer!!!














Frederick finished up his Junior Team Tennis summer season -- looks like only one teammate and 4 coaches (only two really coach him) showed up for the awards ceremony.  I wasn't there either -- this is compliments of Tom :)









We had one last lake day the weekend before school started. . .

The girls go to a 7 a.m. class and have soccer practice right after school so Frederick is a bus rider. . .one day I was able to meet him at the front of the neighborhood and brought the dog with me.  I've got to remember to do this more!!
I cherish our Friday night post-tennis simple "dates".

WHAT I'M DREADING:
Winter.  Which I realize is still months away but once the mornings turn cool I know that it's closer than I want it to be. . . .

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
So many projects!!  I love being at home full-time.  A couple of weeks ago I began this project with a friend:

It's not hanging on the wall yet because I am dependent on Tom to help me with the last part of the frame. . .it will be up soon I hope!!  I've also done a closet clean-out, reorganizing books and games, and need to finish (boring) painting projects around the house.  My "big" summer project was our bedroom:

I have had a difficult time organizing my pictures this summer and can't find the "before". . .grrrr.  The canvas and curtains have since been hung :)

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:
A follow-up job interview I have today. . .really hoping that the Lord will lead me into a new career soon. . .as much as I love being a full-time wife and mommy, I also really like working outside the home.
Also, Frederick turns 14 on Sunday, then Marie's 17th (!!!) birthday is at the end of October and Thomas will be 19 in November.  Unbelievable.

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
Just finished a great book, Roses, by Leila Meacham. . .




















and had to take this pile of books back to the library because I couldn't get to them this time around. . .














I also ran out of time on Greg Iles Mississippi Blood so am waiting for that book (the last in a trilogy) to come back around.  I don't usually watch television but when I do want to relax we've been enjoying The Great British Baking Show.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:
Right this minute. . .the Today Show in the living room as I type in another room. . .I also just started another audio book -- Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas by James Patterson.  Music-wise my kiddos are trying to get me turned on to Apple Music.  Haven't tried that yet.

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Still loving being decked out in athletic wear most days. . .but it was fun shopping for an interview outfit with my girls two weekends ago and hoping that maybe, soon, I'll get to "dress up" for work again :)

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
We are allowing our kiddos to take Friday off of school and heading north to see family.  Frederick wanted a special hotel for his birthday and then to see his grandparents and aunt and uncle.  So glad it's all going to work out!  And then, hopefully, go see our oldest on Monday. . .it's been almost two weeks now!
WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Frederick and Tom's birthdays. . .lots of school soccer. . .and possibly some school tennis (for Frederick -- still waiting to see if there is enough interest in our community for a fall JTT league). . .I just really enjoy living LIFE with this family I am blessed to be a part of!

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
In looking through my Pictures of the Day. . .not much that I haven't blogged about recently :)  The kiddos got their school pictures back yesterday and all I can say is "wow"!


















I see now that I have blogged this post that the link-up isn't going to happen this week because of Hurricane Harvey.  The host of the link-up want their blogging efforts to focus on help for Houston.  The news reports are certainly dire for that region -- and, as always, I gravitate toward those stories of heroism and love in the midst of hardship.

I love my "normal" life and realize that I have really fallen away from pictures. . .I'm just not taking as many as I have previously. . .good that I'm "experiencing the moment" but sad because I like looking back on the "ordinary" and realizing through those images how great life is!!

Love,
Jenni

Comments