Skip to main content

This and That - March 2017

I sat down to blog about Spring Break (two weeks after the fact!) but don't have all of my pictures in one place.  Sigh.  Lately I've been searching for pictures for various things and find so many that I take but never write about.  Here is one of my favorites from Spring Break 2017:
Kris, Brad, me, Tom
We had a Spring Break trip this year -- not a vacation (something we plan and budget for) -- but a trip to see some family in Florida.  This was the last night we were there -- it was a quick 3-day haul with an additional day at each end for travel -- and, as you can see by the way we were dressed, it was a fairly cold March evening in the Tampa Bay area.

Ok, I've tried three times to get this picture to turn. . .oh well.  Marie did not go with the rest of us to FL -- instead, she was invited by Marla's host family to join them in Hilton Head.  I don't think the temperature ever got above  sixty degrees for them the entire week :(  Both the girls said they still had a great time though.  They were good about sending me a few Pictures of the Day -- this one was of the matching HHI long-sleeved t's they had to buy because it was not swimsuit weather!

 Frederick has been playing tennis for his high school this year (he is still in 8th grade) and J is the only other boy so they often play together.  Frederick is by far the best player on the team and I'm not sure J (another foreign exchange student) has ever played.  It's fun to watch Frederick teach J as they play and he is such a good encourager.  The boys' coach said to us last week that "a team is only as good as how the best player treats the worst player".  I had never heard that before but it was a HUGE compliment to Frederick and I'm proud of the heart God has given him as well as his talent on the court.  Marla is also on the team -- but again, can't get the picture to turn!!
  
Mom, me, Jo, Michael
I was in FL again last week for my cousin's memorial service.  My sister took us out to dinner on the beach -- it was a beautiful night!  Michael is another cousin -- his brother is the one that died unexpectedly.

As I've been looking for pictures and reflecting on life I found this picture of Michael and me dancing at my  wedding almost 22 years ago. . .!!

before scrapbooking was a "thing"











I found it as I was searching for this one, of me and Stephen - his brother - dancing at his twin's  wedding 18(?) years ago. . .

I think I found a new profile picture for myself:
We went out kayaking the day after the memorial service -- it was a gorgeous, beautiful, sun-shiney day (the BEST kind!!!). . .and then some socializing with my fellow kayakers afterwards. . .
Kris, Brad, me, Jodi

We got to go out to dinner again that night -- this time Mom treated us to some excellent seafood down the street from my brother's house.
youngest, mama, oldest, middle
My Picture of the Day Sunday was this:
 I woke up at 4:15 a.m. in Hudson, FL and was sitting in my church 644 miles away by 9:15 a.m.  I really like efficiency :)

This guy is getting closer and closer to UTC:



His current hmwk (he's attending a local community college between his completion of HS in December and his first day at UTC in August) should be preparing him well. . .


And this one has been hard at work on a big history project for school (this is only one part of it. . .there was also a report and huge model that is not yet done)
He was also selected to compete in his school's math olympics yesterday -- he represented them well with a 4th place finish in logic and reasoning (out of 27 participants).

I can't leave these wonderful people out -- they didn't want this to go on Facebook as Picture of the Day (but a blog is o.k., right?) -- they are Chelsea's family sometimes when we are out of town:
Tommy (on right) is also helping Frederick with his D-Day model for his history project.  He also took these two out shooting on Saturday!

I know Margaret is conspicuously absent from this post. . .she is really good at hiding from the camera unless it's her own. . .case in point:

Ack!  Another one I can't get to turn. . .oh well. . .at this point I think it's probably better to get these up and out then fret over why I can't get them to turn.

That is us. . .just a *little* of what March brought us.  There was soccer, painting, and birthdays too. . .maybe I'll be able to get all of my spring break pics in one place and get to record that also :)

Love,
Jenni

Comments