Skip to main content

I miss blogging SO MUCH

I miss blogging SO MUCH.  It is so very time-consuming and I just don't take that time.  I don't have the time?  I don't know if that's fair. . .I'm pretty caught up (for the first time in months) on reading my favorite blogs (listed in the sidebar) and have been fairly good at keeping up with Facebook.  But blogging requires me to sit down and intentionally put words to pictures -- not like my FB Picture of the Day where I upload a picture and add a few words. . .that's easy.  What I *love* is taking pictures with a story in mind.  What I don't do (or take the time to do) is actually add those words to my pictures to create the stories that serve as memories for us.

Somehow, tonight, I ran across this old post and it just tears me up that I don't have a consistent journal of the last 1-2 years of our lives.  It's the "little" things I forget about. . .or don't see when they are happening but a picture captures it for me.

Anyway, Margaret was 9 in that post.
These are pictures I took of her tonight, when she wanted to "model" some of her garage sale finds:
The only thing not from the sale are the white pants -- she already had them.  Her toes match the top!
 She continually amazes me.  Two weeks ago I bought her a couple of dresses and she was NOT excited.  Even when AVJ (her cousin whom she adores) and her Aunt Jodi gushed about the one dress she still refused to keep it.  And now. . .well. . .it was almost all dresses tonight.  She's beautiful, inside and out, no matter what she wears.  This one is her favorite (so far):
Look at those gorgeous arms!!!  She is so strong :)  Her brother Frederick was bragging to his friend this afternoon about his sister Margaret's muscles -- ha!

So. . .in reflecting on what I wrote on her 9th birthday:
She has a sense of style that must be in-born and not something learned. . .she can make anything look good.  She loves to craft and make people things.  She has the most annoying high-pitched scream.  She likes to separate herself from others. . .a few years ago I realized that I rarely have pictures with her in a group.  She doesn't like her picture taken with others unless she's "in the mood".  She is smart and pretty and energetic.  She is our night owl.  She's very athletic but doesn't stick with any one thing very long. . .she's been a cheerleader, dancer, gymnast, swimmer and soccer player. 

Wow.  How true that all still is. . .3 years later.  You can *see* her style above.  She still has that scream ;)  This week we moved all of our gift-wrapping supplies into her bedroom because she has basically taken that chore over for our household.
We organized tissue paper in the bottom drawer and other drawers hold bows and ribbons, scissors, tape, and she insisted on a drawer for "scrap" pieces of paper.  This piece of furniture was my 21st birthday present.  I hope it continues to be re-purposed for the next 20+ years!

I just went back to see when her last "group" picture was taken -- it was Father's Day this last Sunday (because she *had* to -- ha!)
I *cannot* believe our good fortune -- this beautiful family I am blessed to be a part of.  Marie is now the sullen one who rarely likes to have her picture taken. . .Frederick will still let me every once in awhile and Thomas is surprisingly tolerant, seeing as he's 15 years old ;)

Back to Margaret -- she's still our night owl. . .she was up until almost 11 tonight trying clothes on and finding jewelry to match with it. . .and still athletic.  She spent 2013 as an all-star cheerleader who has now become "obsessed" (her words) with soccer and looks and acts like she's never done anything but play that game.  She's amazing.

I hate to spend this one post on only one child but I have been working on it for over an hour.  It's now past 1 a.m.  At least I'm afforded the luxury of these late nights now that it's summer!  I will do my best to at least balance this post with three more in the next few days :)

So, Margaret, if you ever look back on my diary here at Jenni's Seasons, I hope that see how proud we are of you.  How much you are loved.  How much you are valued.  Your inner beauty sure shines through the exterior God gave you.  If you zoom in on that first picture we took tonight I think you will see your Aunt Kathy.  You are a Bell, through-and-through.  And the cuddly part I wrote about when you were 9?  Today you had to get your 7th grade immunizations and wanted to hold my hand.  I can't remember the last time that you asked -- it was a privilege to be there with you.  Your big, beautiful, brown eyes did tear up with that second shot -- the nurse said a lot of people say that that one hurts the most.  But when it was over your confident smile was back and you and your sister headed off for ice cream together while I waited for the office to finish printing up the forms.  And the dramatic part of you wants to wear a sling tomorrow on the arm that got the tetanus shot because it's sore. . .you are your very own unique, special person. 

So. . .relatives that used to read but don't anymore because I "never" post -- here you go.  And hopefully several more before I step back into the classroom July 22nd and school once again replaces any "time" I have. . .!

Jenni


Comments