Skip to main content

Easter Weekend 2022



It's been a minute -- so much to say but I'm out of my "routine" of getting a few words down each day since I've returned from my Florida trip.  I really like routine and schedules -- they are just hard to keep when I'm the only one accountable!  Lots to talk about, but I want to make sure Easter is recorded :)

I made my to-do list Saturday morning -- it always makes it easier if I have something to check off.
(My nails are still not done :/)
Erin wanted me to watch the movie, A Weekend Away, so I wrote it down to remember to do so.  I watched it yesterday (Monday) -- it was kind of a cold, overcast morning.  I'd give it 3.5 stars.  
It's on Netflix.
As soon as I know I am hosting something, I start to make a list. . .who will be coming and what we will be having.  This ended up being our menu plus Barbara brought cheesecake with lemon curd and I made a peanutbutter pie with a gluten-free crust I found.  We also had an abundance of candy ;)
Tom and Robert got the boat out on Saturday!!
This was so exciting -- new boat hooked up to the new truck (well, both are new to us)!!
The air temperature was 64 degrees and the water 58 but they had to test it out -- I can't wait until it's my turn out there :)
That would have been way too cold for me. . .the rest of us were back in Knoxville.  We happened to run into the Bells at the gym and all decided to go out to lunch together:
I ran a bunch of errands and tackled all my pre-cooking as well as getting the knobs on my cabinets and cabinets rehung.
More to come. . .the flooring we choose (and therefore painted the room in anticipation of laying it) I don't like anymore.  I brought home a box and dry-laid it. . .I just don't like it.  
We were going for a luxury vinyl. . .it just doesn't work for me.  So. . .we took the box back, didn't like any of the other samples I picked up, and decided on tile -- much to my delight and Tom's dismay (he hates laying it).  
I like this smaller tile but the 12x24 is cheaper so stay tuned. . ..
Easter Morning dawned bright and beautiful.  A little chilly but by the time we got out of church (when these were taken) it was really nice.
We had to ask Nana to come over to do the family group (at the top of this post) and Grandpa stayed behind so HE didn't get caught in front of the camera - ha!  
Yes, all the kiddos wore shoes to church :/
My nominal attempt at Easter Baskets. . .
Because I was focusing on the food. . .it was all delicious!!
Kerry brought some beautiful flowers for our table. . .
And a couple chose to eat outside because the weather was so nice :)
I even did plastic/paper, which the clean-up crew appreciated ;)
Dessert!!

Not much after that. . .I took a nap and some others took the dog out :). Laura had to make another batch of deviled eggs b/c she wanted to take leftovers to her friends and we ran out of those!  You can see Andrea's recipe here -- ours is similar except I use Miracle Whip and some sugar.

It was a great weekend -- my favorite kind because it was (1) productive, (2) sunny, (3) my kids were home, and (4) we had a crowd over.  

Here is the only other post I have on this blog - from 2011 :)
So many happy memories of this holiday.

Let summer begin!!!

Jenni
























Comments