Here we are, finally settling into weather I think most people can agree on - these cool mornings leading into HOT days - a little bit of everything for everyone. There's even some rain showing up later this weekend if you can believe my app :)
I am a list girl - whether at home, school, or work. . .always have been. Last week was Week #2 of being a House Wife and Week #2 of getting a list together at the beginning of the week like I always did/do when I start a workweek. Funny enough, those three items circled at the top have been on my list both weeks now. It's not that I don't want to do them, I haven't taken the time to do them. The front flower beds need a good soaking rain in order for it to be easier and we did have rain last week but they didn't get done - I guess they'll eventually bother me enough that I will do them! The other two only require phone calls and a commitment from me - the latter being the harder one to make when it comes to appointments :/ Neither is serious - just routine checkups for me.

We all wanted to make a second but never took the time - I wish I had pictures of theirs too. We were NOT on our "picture game" like normal, which is perfectly o.k.Look at those fans! Look at that checkerboard! This was the first real "challenge" UT had this year and they fought HARD against this #1 ranked team. Stephen was at the game and we were a bit jealous but the crowds with all the Peytons there, Game Day, and the President of the United States - we were happy to have our little gathering together in Chattanooga.
Tom and I headed out for a walk at a nearby battlefield afterwards - it was a 4-hour game so we were ready for some sunshine!!

A crushing loss for my brother and uncle - their game (MI), too, also came down to the final play. . .neither went "our way" this weekend although everyone agrees MI had it coming maybe? SO happy for Florida (although no one in my family is happy that I have said that out loud - I will be a proper Gator Hater next time we play them - just likely not this year.) And wow Mississippi State, you are killing it this year!!!
Ellie also sent a picture of her and Robert at her brother's wedding
Not surprisingly, Stephen did NOT send us any pictures from the game :/
Leftovers and a frittata (still in the oven) I made with veggies we didn't finish the day before. . .GREAT meeting and spending time with the new guy in Connie's life. . .
Randomly, on our way to Robert's apartment complex we saw that southbound 27 was closed and there were hundreds of people biking! Turns out it was Chattanooga's Ironman competition! People on social media were unhappy about Alcoa Highway being shut down the day before for the President of the United States - looks like us Tennesseans also shut them down for big races too :)
I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah to share about my weekend (can you believe it? A weekend post???) with all of you. If you have some time head over to our hosts' pages and even explore some other blogs that have linked up too.
I got to start my Friday on the tennis court! Never a problem working THAT into my schedule! A "W" for our team - Amy and I won our 8.5 combo match 6-4, 7-6 against some terrific players. The humidity was low, the sun was out - a gorgeous day! I was driving home and Stephen called - Tom has been asking him to get some paperwork done that my name is on for weeks now. . .he finally "had time" to do it so I met up with him and two hours later. . .it was not done :/ We'll try again this week - his schedule is busy and he's worse than me about "making time" for things he doesn't want to do - ha!
Luckily I had prepped pretty well for getting out of town on Friday so once Tom got home from work we could head out the door. It didn't exactly happen like that because (1) those two hours I spent running around town with Stephen and (2) that interview I had Wednesday gave me a follow-up task Thursday that I felt I should submit by Friday. I'm going back in to meet with the more of the team today - we'll see.
Anyway, we were off and sent this to the folks we were meeting:
I had been texting a former coworker who lives in the area we were going and she gave us this place as a recommendation - it was delicious.Alan and Susan had their kids with them (on the right side of the table) but they could not stay the weekend with us - work schedules and stuff. But we all got to start the evening together :) After dinner we headed to our AirBnB to wait for our other couple friend to arrive. . .
It was an interesting set-up - three levels and you could rent 1, 2, or all three of them. We had the bottom two units, which suited our purposes perfectly - we were there to spend time together and cheer our Volunteers on! It was Susan's birthday Saturday and a BIG game so it made sense to be together for all of it! Our two levels each had two bedrooms and two bathrooms as well as a kitchen, laundry, deck or porch space, and living area. We were mainly interested in this listing because of the theatre room on the lower level:
SEC network went on just after 8 a.m. on Saturday and I don't think we turned it off until well after 11 p.m. It was a FULL day of football!!!
This was the space on the middle level - only four of us even went up there and it was only to sleep or shower or store extra things in that refrigerator. It was a GREAT set-up!!As I mentioned, this was Susan's birthday - Laura and I had shopped for her earlier in the week and I had given her lots of Tennessee stuff - coasters, an appetizer plate, napkins, and a scarf. No pictures (I think she opened everything while I was cooking breakfast?) and this was Connie's gift to her - it went perfectly with the sparkly Power T shoes she ended up wearing most of the day!!


I made breakfast and Robert stopped by for a bit! He needed Tom to look at his truck and he wanted breakfast too ;) He was on a schedule - his brother-in-law was getting married that day (I know, I know - WHO GETS MARRIED ON AN SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEKEND?!?) so he was only around for a bit. Connie, of course, had to get one group picture before he took off - love that this is so important to her!!
I brought a bracelet-making kit so we crafted for a bit. . .I made breakfast and Robert stopped by for a bit! He needed Tom to look at his truck and he wanted breakfast too ;) He was on a schedule - his brother-in-law was getting married that day (I know, I know - WHO GETS MARRIED ON AN SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEKEND?!?) so he was only around for a bit. Connie, of course, had to get one group picture before he took off - love that this is so important to her!!
We all wanted to make a second but never took the time - I wish I had pictures of theirs too. We were NOT on our "picture game" like normal, which is perfectly o.k.
Tom and I headed out for a walk at a nearby battlefield afterwards - it was a 4-hour game so we were ready for some sunshine!!
We got back from the park, played some cards, watched more football, ate more snacks. . .
There was a dinner plan, but no one was terribly hungry after snacking and drinking all day so we ended the day with a fire - after we went to bed they also hit the hot tub and finally broke into Susan's birthday cupcakes. Both nights the four of them closed down the place - Tom and I are showing our age and hitting the sheets a bit earlier - ha!
Sunday we were up. . .breakfast was made. . .we packed up. . .got pictures. . .and stood in the driveway another 20 minutes chatting it up :)
Tom and I were meeting the rest of our family around noon - they all headed back to Sweetwater and Crossville.
Why were we meeting our family - and Ellie's family - in Chattanooga for lunch on Sunday?
Any guesses? We were the first ones there - even Erin's new guy came down for the event. . .This is the clubhouse in their apartment complex - makes community living very appealing!Robert and Ellie opened this before the big reveal -
What a way to cap off the weekend, right??? This little guy has been so loved since the day they told us (on Nana and Grandpa's birthday!) and now he has a name too :) Mine? Probably "B". . .Tom's? TBD. Lots to look forward to!!! All the aunts and uncles were there - even the newlyweds came by!!! - are already over-the-moon and the three future cousins have a little boy to add to their mix (2 boys - now three - and 1 girl so far for Ellie's parents).Any guesses? We were the first ones there - even Erin's new guy came down for the event. . .This is the clubhouse in their apartment complex - makes community living very appealing!Robert and Ellie opened this before the big reveal -
So. . .there you go. . .another fun, full, fall weekend for us.
I'm looking forward to catching up with all my blog friends and their weekends too - if you don't have a blog feel free to let me know about your weekend in the comments :)
I honestly can't believe September is over this week!
Love,
Jenni




Comments
Post a Comment