Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - December 1, 2023

 Here we are - first day of the last month of the year - wow!!  I was curious about my first Friday in December 2022 and funny enough life looks almost the same from last year to this :).   Here we go!

Linking up with bloggers Andrea and Erika - I hope, if you blog, you might link up too!
I was reading comments in a post earlier this week and the author and commenter were saying how much they still enjoy blogs and hope they never go away - I agree!  They are more time-consuming then Instagram but I enjoy the "conversation" within the blogs if that makes sense?
Anyway, here we go. . .
My sister :)
She had a BIG birthday this week so gives me a good excuse to publicly say how much I love and admire her.  Our family hit the jackpot when God created her for us.  Funny enough, we are not very similar but complement one another so very well.
We live 4 1/2 hours away from one another but do our best to get together as much as we can.  She's on the run a lot more than I am but we make it work :). All of the above are from this year so we did a pretty good job of capturing our time together as memories to look back on.
We have a little brother too - here are the three of us together a couple weeks ago (a very rare thing):
We have been blessed with 6 kiddos between the two of us too 
I turned on Spotify to listen to a new playlist Robert sent me earlier this week (a new FAVORITE - click on the link if you're interested) and this was there for me to explore:
I looked back and Big Boo Cast was in my Top Three last year too - the other two I no longer listen to, one is no longer recording and the other is going to stop doing theirs very soon too.  In my post last year Amy suggested Midlife Matters and I have added that to my rotation and Sophie has suggested Smartless many times in her podcast so I'll tune into those guys often also.  What are some others I should try?
I was very surprised to see Def Leppard was my top-listened to artist.  The contemporary county did not surprise me - those playlists are all we listen to on the lake and we spent LOTS of time out there this summer!!
I just finished this book for the second time in my life:
It is rare that I would read/listen/watch something more than once but it's been at least 25 years since I first read this and want to read the sequel so went ahead and got The Firm on Audible.  I was so glad that I did!!  Since I now work for accountants I understood a little more about his job, I've visited Brushy Mountain State Prison so that location came to life, live in TN now (I didn't live here last time so now know the geography a bit better) and then stayed at one of the locations discussed in the book when I was in Panama City Beach this summer so that was fun too!
There was some great college football on this weekend!  Started our day with the OSU/U of M game. . .my birth family are all die-hard blue and maize fans so that is who we cheer for :). It was hard, living in Ohio for half my life, but down here no one cares so I can cheer for the Wolverines once a year without much interference - ha! And, for the third year in a row, I got a victory picture from my brother and his wife!!
My aunt and uncle also sent their victory picture!!  So much fun to cheer with everyone.
Later in the week I found this picture of my aunt and cousin on FaceBook from their MI/OH party in Chicago - clear winners!!!
I'm minimally decorated for Christmas. . .and don't really plan to do much more.
Maybe we'll get some lights outside. . .maybe I'll put a few more things up in the kitchen. . .just not really feeling it this year. . .with a mostly empty house it's just not as much fun.  I have my fire every night and 300 lights on that small tree so it's all good!!
I will be enjoying LOTS of favorites this week as I go through and upload 2023 pictures into our 2024 Foster Family Calendar - an annual tradition/gift for my parents and brother.  Here are my parents with their copies last year.

Praying this next month is filled with LOTS of time together, doing fun things, enjoying everything December has to offer in a way no other month of the year is generally spent.

Love,
Jenni











Comments

  1. I have heard about the Smartless podcast and will check it out. Big Boo Cast is always a must listen for me! I liked your reference to my blogging comment. I feel like blogs give more of a real world picture of life, instead of just the highlights on Instagram. I would like to go back and read the Firm again...it's been so long! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go back and read it! I’ve never seen the movie so might try and find that too. Will be interested to hear what you think about Smartless. You cannot be easily offended - I’ve told my brother-in-law it’s like sitting around listening to him and his buddies catch up!

      Delete
  2. I hope you do like Midlife Matters - I like some topics more than others. I don't think you watch Bravo as much as I do, but Watch What Crappens continues to make me smile and laugh so much, which is what I'm after. I also listen to Big Boo but there is way too much sports talk for me.
    Love your tribute to your sister. I adore mine, too! I hope that for you this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Midlife Matters b/c they are in these different stages but all ones I can relate to. I am just not a tv watcher - I have heard Office Ladies is good too and although I was a fan “in the day” I don’t think I would go back to listen. Did I mention The Rewatcables in this post? Those episodes are based on movies so I’ll pick through those sometimes. Isn’t it great to be a sister??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s funny to think that not very far away (in TN) from Ohio, no one cares about the big OSU/ U of M rivalry! It´s so big here. But, like you, I like U of M and always root for them. Three years in a row is not too shabby after all those years of defeat :). You and your sister are so pretty and I love how you guys intentionally spend time together even though you don´t live super close to each other. My sister and I are six plus hours apart and also got together several times this year including my own ¨big" birthday ;).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment