Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - Family

Family.  The one I was born with, the one I married into, and the one Tom and I created together.  It's such an incredibly extraordinary privilege to be a part of one and the Lord has given me His best :)

Twenty-five years ago today He blessed us with #1.

We really, REALLY didn't know what was going to happen here. . .And this was probably less then an hour later - he came SO FAST.  

And, from this point on, our lives were changed forever.  This is the first picture I could find of the two of us together. . .
And this is the last one on my phone with him, #3 and me a month or so ago.
He's so tall!!  So all you moms of young kids. . .those days that you are barely getting through the day because, well, KIDS. . .maybe this is on the other side for you too.  
As always, I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea.  Click on their names, head to their blogs, and see what is up with others in blogland this weekend before Thanksgiving :)

I'm sticking with family today because I have so much to look forward to!!!
At 8:30 this morning I will pull into the Knoxville airport and pick up these two:
My little brother and his lovely wife.  They sent a picture showing me their gear - they are ready for the game this weekend!!!
My sister cooked up this weekend together early this fall.  I'm SO EXCITED!!!
These are the Foster Kids. . .
The family I was born with :). I'm really thankful that my sister's and my kids know what it is like to grow up with siblings.  The three of us live in different states, are really only together, the three of us, a few times a decade.  But we are making is work this weekend!!  If you've been reading my blog long enough you know one of my favorite things (it is Friday Favorites after all) is having a houseful and making lists to prepare for that gathering!  This one I incorporated into last week's because a lot of the same food is being prepared (this week is red):
We'll figure out breakfast and after-game food. . .excited about the tailgating!!
Game Day is a favorite - especially when we get to go to Neyland and watch our Vols play :)
And then, this week we celebrate my favorite family holiday!!!
I'm really proud of this list. . .I have an entire process, step-by-step because it's the same every year :)
 We have the best family traditions. . .and this, my friends, is the incredible family I married into (plus two we've "adopted")
We are all sad because this precious doggie crossed the rainbow bridge this year but everyone in this picture from last year should be together again on Thursday PLUS Robert's Ellie. . .just so.many.favorites this Friday in November.

Off to the airport!  I hope this weekend and week is full of family, favorites, and fun for everyone!
Love,
Jenni

















Comments

  1. I will be in my Y8 seats and hope we beat Georgia! What an amazing upset that would be - a girl can hope and wish

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you! What a great weekend- a birthday, seeing your siblings, going to a game, getting ready for Thanksgiving! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is filled with gratitude! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment