Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - 10.20.23

Wow, this month is flying!

We've had our first couple of really chilly mornings and dreary days (including today). . .boo.  But, last weekend in Chattanooga we had  perfect weather for Robert's CrossFit competition.

Linking up with Erika and Andrea this week for Friday Favorites

Robert invited us down for his gym's competition, that started at 8:30 a.m. (it's about a 90-min drive) and a couple of his friends came too.  I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of his friends together. . .we all went to lunch afterwards and I must have put my camera away by then.  Here was Robert's partner in the competition:The top 5 teams advanced to the finals. . .they were 1 point away from 5th place.  They said the last event was brutal so they were "ok" with not making it (this time).  Robert's other roommate, Ryan, did come in 2nd place in another division -- we've known him for years and were so happy for that achievement for him.


After all of this hard work, his sister needed her back cracked:  


He said, "you are so light!" - ha!!  After bench pressing 305 pounds, I guess so :)






We got home in time for the second half of the TN-A&M game - It was a checkerboard game that Stephen was at so he sent a few pictures. . .
I can't say it was a "good" game but a win is a win.
When I picked up my phone this morning this is the image that greeted me:
This was this weekend last year - when TN beat Alabama and my sister and her family were with us to witness it!!  We will be watching the game from home this year - Stephen thought he might want to travel to Tuscalossa for this on Saturday but has decided not to.  BIG game. . .we'll see if it's a "favorite" next week :)
Erin came by to do my hair this week.  I'm not sure it's a "favorite" because it's a bit dark for me, but those roots were bad!!  And it's always great when she comes over to hang out with us for awhile.  We also got our toes done and I decided to go with orange for our Vols - 
I've been going gang-busters on books these last two weeks - 
I didn't have anything downloaded when I started painting the outside of our new door from the deck to the house and "Suspects" was available at the library so I got that one.  Although predictable in a Hallmark kind of way, DS seems to have a little more substance to hers.  I thought it was good (for the time I was trying to fill).  I'm currently listening to The Four Winds and reading Someone Else's Shoes and I'm enjoying both of them a lot.  In fact, I forgot about my favorite podcast dropping (Big Boo Cast) Wednesday because I was so caught up in my audio book!  I'm now multi-tasking and listening to that while writing this :). I have heard again and again that The Four Winds is depressing and nothing good happens in it so I went into it prepared.  It is so sad, but soooooo eye-opening about a part of American history that I was never aware of.  Pick it up if you enjoy historical fiction and want to know more about the United States in the '20's and '30's, just make sure you have something "light" to counterbalance it.  
This was my FAVORITE podcast episode this week - it was passed on to me by someone at work and I have since passed it on to several people and even shared my notes!
Both my sons are in real estate so that interests me, but this was more about money - how to earn, how to grow it, how to spend it.  I would say it is geared specifically to 20-30 year olds, but there were so many take-aways, I think I can even use parts of it for my job.  Worth your time if you have it.
If you've stuck with me this long you can see that I am really struggling with content this week.  Here is an always-favorite:
These four attended a wedding of a Camp friend two weeks ago - I'm so happy they got pictures for me!!  I've seen some wedding pictures on social media now and it was a beautiful wedding.  She was a former student of mine, which is super neat too.  I love watching all these new lives beginning together :)

Happy Weekend!!
Love,
Jenni










Comments