Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - August 4, 2023

ETA - I didn't get to the "publish" button on Friday - here we are, back from the lake. . .going to post anyway :)

Seriously, August already??  I know it because teachers in our county went back to school this week and students in many counties went back on the 1st so it's that time of the year!!  I miss it, but each year I miss it less.  I think I prefer the steadiness of work year-round without the big spikes and peaks of the classroom (although since I work for a CPA firm we do have spikes - just not me).  New school years, new beginnings, new experiences, new friends - it's all so exciting and HARD.  But, with back-to-school comes back-to-football so there's THAT to look forward to - just hoping the Vols are ready to give the fans what we so desperately want for them!

Each week I link up with Andrea and Erika.  Stay here for a bit, then head over to their blogs and the others linking up there too :).   I know their kiddos head back to school next week too. . .


Nana turned 81 this week!!  You can't even pick her out, can you??  There might be one goofy 80-year-old in that picture but it's not a female :). Seriously, this was on her birthday in the middle of the week!!!  Robert made it a priority to come home (1.5 hours), the other three are living here through housing transitions, and Kathy is almost always here for her summer break around this time.  Extraordinary, right?  Such an "ordinary" day, ordinary family, ordinary life. . .all adding up to this.  
It was super last-minute because I thought they were going to be in OH until the first but they were home a day earlier than my calendar said.  I got off work a little early, we threw some burgers on the grill, roasted some potatoes and broccoli, and picked up some cupcakes and ice cream.  And BOO on me -- no pictures!  Seriously, just having such a good time being with these people (and the Maxwells) and counting our blessings.
After dinner we headed over to the Maxwells to check out their apple tree:
Both the kids tried to climb it - yes, they are 22 and 24 - and then Mr. Tommy brought out his "apple picker".  More were thrown to the dog to chase then actually brought into the house, but those that were deemed good to keep got a seal of approval from Tommy and Laura :)
This is a FAVORITE I've mentioned before, but just love my new spot at work.  The window is great and the flowers from Cody's wedding are still going strong :).  I overlook a parking lot, which is fine.  There is construction going on to the left which keeps everyone on that side of the building entertained.  the best part of my job?  10-4 M-Th. . .I rarely work those hours (Tuesday I came in late from a morning tennis match, Monday I stayed late to get things done, etc) but the flexibility is great!  And I really, really like the people I work with.

Our two youngest went to Ohio to visit family last weekend and my sister got Stephen and our dad out on the golf course together!  Looks like it was a beautiful day :). 
Stephen's happy place - golfing with the VJ's :)

Tennis AND pickleball this week - I forget why I took this picture (group text for some reason) and noticed I'm wearing the new sunglasses that Stephen bought for me!!  This is the first time I've been able to play pickleball in sunglasses of any kind!


Heading to the lake with the Greek Geeks this weekend!!!
My children (three pictured here) are NOT a part of the Greek Geek group, but I do think the boys are going to show up for part of the weekend.  We miss each other and although my aunt and uncle live in Ohio, the rest of us are within 50-ish miles of one another so we are gathering at Dale Hollow Lake.  
I'm really looking forward to seeing them all again and showing off "our" lake.  One of the families also has a boat so we will have the room and lots of fun together.  Becky and Dave drove down last night to get a head start on their weekend away :)


That's it for now. . .hoping you all have a great weekend too!!
Love,
Jenni






Comments