Skip to main content

Hello Monday - almost the end of January

Not a bad way to usher in the last weekend of January:  
It was a beautiful Saturday so we made it out to the dog park.  
I was looking at the weather where all of our other family lives. . .
I just couldn't resist -- sunshine-y everywhere but Ohio.  Of course.  Chilly for my brother down in Hudson (FL) and pretty nice for us and Nashville.  And yes, we did reach 53 degrees!!  On January 28th!!!  Now on to February -- generally the longest shortest month of the year :/

I'm linking up with Sarah and Holly for Hello Monday.  These are fun bloggers to keep up with so when you are finished here, head over to their blogs to see what they have been up to.
It was a quiet weekend. . .I got some work done on Saturday,
finally put the last of my Christmas stuff away, church Sunday and this little project:
I haven't been able to figure out what to do with these (2018-2022) and found a space in our laundry room.  I'm slowing down this year and not committing to as much so don't know if anything will be added or not -- this represents a LOT of time (and money) these last 5 years!  I believe there might be one thing in there from 2020 too, I didn't even stop playing then.
Tom got the tires rotated on one of the cars:
And had to go rescue the youngest whose car died and is DEAD for good now.  He was driving a car as old as he is (because, well, if you are following along, our kids seem to get a car totaled out in January, 2 years in a row now) and he was driving the back-up.  So. . .now getting another vehicle is more imminent than it was last weekend.  Sigh.  First world problems, but some urgency to it all the same.

Still trying to get through a few books. . .none are bad, just not keeping my attention:
My mom gave me the Sweeney Sisters last weekend and it's probably my favorite of all of them.  The Claire Lombardo book just has a lot of complicated characters. . .none of whom I relate to.  More Than You'll Ever Know I've been listening to/reading (both options from the library) for months - I'm just not interested in the outcome. . .I usually love Beatriz Williams and don't NOT love this one, just not a story that I "can't wait to get back to".  Or maybe I'm in a reading slump.  I don't know.

We are watching the AFC and NFC championship games this weekend and will miss our football weekends.  

I'm looking forward to reading other blogs in this linky party -- maybe someone else is doing something more exciting then me!!  

Next weekend we are celebrating Ms. Barbara's and my birthdays -- hoping all of the kids will be able to come over for dinner Saturday :)
Celebrating the kids' birthdays in November

Have a great week!!  
Love,
Jenni




Comments

  1. Isn't it true....February is so the longest shortest month ever! Not exactly looking forward to February (lots of challenges) but hopefully the short part will work in my favor!! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the mild winter weather here too- so funny that we celebrate when it is in the 50's right?! Thanks for sharing your books- I needed some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday was amazing! It was about 53 here in Louisville, KY, too, but the sun was really hot and we didn't have a cloud in the sky. I walked, ate lunch on the patio, read on the patio, made mocktails and drank them on the patio. I soaked it up and I think my cheeks got a little sun, too. Then, Sunday was gross and rainy, but I was still riding that high from Saturday! Ha!
    So sorry about the car issues. I pray we can keep this little lime green Kia Soul running for our kids who are sharing it. It's the ugliest thing and it has some dings. I'm also glad our kids don't care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment