Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - Springtime, the Lake, and Graduates!

It's a rainy, stormy Friday here in East Tennessee.  Believe it or not, that is OK with me today.  We've had a very sun-shiney week and need the rain.  Plus, it's supposed to clear up for a beautiful Mother's Day weekend so I'll just do some "nesting" here at home today.

As always, I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for some favorites from the week.  Please feel free to link up or just comment on the post if you don't blog.  

We made it out to the lake together on Saturday!!  It was a gorgeous day but my allergies were NUTS.  We finally had to come in after three hours because of me :(
The doggie got to go with us too. . .but this will be her last trip.  (1) she's getting old and (2) her nervousness/anxiety in the 2-hr drive there about sent Tom over the edge.  She really does like being on the water though!
At one point, the dog was laying on the towel and Erin was sitting on the rocks -- ha!
It's garden season!!
This is NOT my garden -- my inlaws and their neighbors, whom they rent a house from, share this garden -- what is planted, the work, the bounty :)
Tommy even added tennis balls to the tops of the stakes so the "old ladies" wouldn't cut their hands if they reached for the tops for balance and then added some streamers to keep the critters away.  We shall see :)
This was August of last year!!
It is a great privilege that all these people live down in the cul-de-sac on our street -- family and "adopted" family.  They grow, I cook ;)
Speaking of things blooming, this is Tom's tree that was a birthday gift from his parents two years ago -- this is the first time we have seen these flowers on it.  I forget the type of tree it is -- we went to a local nursery and they recommended this particular one for this area.  (If you know what it is, please let me know and I'll edit the post to reflect the name.)
FAVORITE - an early morning walk at a local park with Stephen and Chelsea yesterday morning.  It was just perfect.  Here is a picture of her jumping off the dock (again and again).  She acts like she's two instead of nine :)
Between throwing the ball in the lake and then later in the field Stephen finally said, "Mom, look. . .Chelsea is DONE".  Ha! 

It's graduation season!!!  I love getting everyone's announcements and hanging them up.  Not only do I have these, I have a Community College graduate right in my own house as of this week :)
This is actually from 2 years ago b/c she isn't "into" posing for photos these days :/. Her dad got her some pretty flowers and grandparents brought a card over.  She's headed to school with her younger brother and older sister next year here in town. . .with plans to continue to graduate school after that.  Ambitious!!!
Three of the four kiddos got their Associate's Degrees -- really proud of them all.  Here in TN, if you graduate from a TN high school (DK if it matters if it is public or private) and keep a certain GPA, Community College is free.  And, so far, the two older think the education they got there, versus the University education, was far better.  As for social life, though, all would agree that they have made GREAT friends on campus at their state schools.
THIS girl gets her own number :). She is Miss Marie #2 (my Laura being Miss Marie #1 -- they are 2 1/2 months apart in age and spent their baby/toddler years together when we lived in Ohio).  
She has excelled in her studies and had a job offer before she began her senior year!!  Her plan was to head to law school after this but, with the great offer, has decided to put that off for a couple of years.  That is so smart -- get out there for a bit, live life, and then decide on that next step.  Her LSAT scores were excellent and the opportunity will still be there in the future.  I am so, so proud of her!!
She and her roommates did the photo shoot together and had a little fun :)
I just snapped this picture. . .Laura and Nana, getting ready to sew together.  About once a year this machine comes out and they re-learn how to do it all.  This was Nana's machine and then I got it. . .I've always, always wanted to sew but have never quite been committed enough to be decent at it.  Nana helped me make quite a few sets of curtains for my first home and then some maternity dresses but other than that, I have never done anything on my own.  Laura shows the most interest (and skill).  What a great way to end my FAVORITES today -- their relationship is so very special :)

Happy Mother's Day Weekend,
Jenni

Comments