Skip to main content

It's Beginning to Look a Little Like Christmas. . .

We hit the ground running with the holiday season the Sunday after Thanksgiving, heading to our local Children's Hospital fundraiser, Fantasy of Trees.
One of the partners at work had some tickets and gave me enough for our family. . .in the end Robert was back at school and Erin didn't want to go (I put her on another Christmas-y task!) and so Laura brought her good friend Kris. . .our framily, Barbara & Tommy joined us also.  It was a really neat exhibition and definitely something that I hope to do again :)
Businesses (and I would assume, individuals) donate decorated trees and then people buy them.  The above was a "tree" that Tom's engineering firm did!

They had little trees and big trees. . .most were already sold by Sunday night. . .the table-top trees seemed to be priced under $100 (a lot of schools and non-profits did these) and the big trees were, I suspect, hundreds of dollars. 



















And I took pictures of a few "crafty" things for my friends who I enjoy doing this kind of stuff with. . .




There was decorating inspiration for me -- like the potted arrangement. . . .











This was an entire row of door/porch displays -- depending on the person sponsoring the door, it could just be the wreath and doormat or it could be the entire porch, props and all!  We noticed one of the groups at our church had a display. . .



 Laura & Kris got there a little late (Tom & Stephen bolted through the place and then left when the girls got there and went shopping/looking around town instead. . .

 This ENTIRE Harry Potter room was sold (who could even guess what it went for?!?) -- it was really cool. . .tree, chairs, fire, ches set, scarves. . .I think it was an interior design group in town -- they went all out!!

There were a *few* trees still hanging around an hour before the convention was over and I bought the one Project Search put together.  They had slashed prices by this point. . .and I had already decided NOT to do a tree this year so this was a way to get a tree in my house but already decorated ;)

They also had a huge corner for gingerbread houses -- I never made it that far. . .we really just went too late in the day to cover the entire event.  Barbara and Tommy made it that far, though, and came home with this:
Barbara was going to embellish it but I haven't seen the finished results yet. . .
And I was so happy to have a tree and lights up in my house a couple of hours later. . .



Margaret was not going to "get off the hook" from some Christmas spirit, though, so her "job" while we were out was to pull out some decorations and get the house a little festive.  See the colored lights in the side window???
























This is what we came home to :)

Yea!!!  I little Christmas Cheer on our street. . .

Comments