Skip to main content

Last Summer Day on the Lake

Don't let this picture fool you!!  This is the first time I have been behind the boat -- on a tube or skis -- in years and years!  I'm also fully dressed. . .there was *no* expectation that I was going to be thrown off :)  Frederick wanted to be pulled to the marina once we decided to go in so I said I would ride with him.  It may be the last ride of my life -- my 45-yr-old neck was not happy with this decision.  It was a bit choppy so I got a few bumps in. . .

This is what shopping for a day on the lake looks like -
Margaret and I headed out early Saturday morning to get groceries for the day. . .
And then we set off to head two hours west to our favorite lake and marina -- despite the rain.  Gotta love smartphones and apps -- they have turned us into meteorologists that predict when and where the rain might be in relation to us and our plans.  It was a fairly cloudy day but warm and a great way to end the summer.




 Look at this show-off. . .doing 360's on the kneeboard :)
 We stopped for lunch and some sunning. . .followed by swimming and jumping off the back of the boat. . .





We headed back out on the lake for some tubing (the boys like it rough -- and by then it was later in the afternoon with lots of wakes and choppy waters!) and then one last stop for the dog to get out before heading in for the day -- and, sadly, possibly the summer :(
The look of delight on these boys' faces made my day!!!


And then it was time to head in. . .Frederick couldn't get Thomas out one more time so I went :)

And the dog was absolutely worn out.  It's rare that she just gives up and doesn't want to move :)
Marie wasn't with us today and Margaret just sunned herself.  Marie was in Cookeville with friends of hers and she met up with us for a few chips at a favorite local Mexican restaurant before we headed home for the evening.

What a fabulous way to end the summer!!

~ Jenni

Comments

  1. Love those lake pictures. Sure brings back memories of growing up. I can't imagine how my body would feel if I got on a tube now :) The pictures make it look like you had the place to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment