Skip to main content

October 1, 2015

My kids were looking over my shoulder while I was pulling up some blogs from my sidebar and they were like, "Mom!  Why do you have those OLD pictures on there?!?"  I thought it was funny that they noticed -- and it *is* sad that I haven't made the time in two months to sit down and record our blessings.  Sigh.

We moved at the end of July. . .the week I went back to school!!!  Oh, did I ever record the fact that I got a job. . .??  Hmmmmm. . .

So. . .in an attempt to put something new up, here are some unedited phone pictures -- even my Facebook "Picture of the Day" hasn't been kept up :(  Life, y'all.  Life.  A full, happy, sometimes stress-filled, busy, wonderful life.

We went to Atlanta over Labor Day weekend for soccer.  Originally we were going for Thomas's team (he still plays for Cookeville, although we now live 1.5 hours away) but then Frederick's new club needed a few guest players for one of their teams so they both ended up playing.  This was Sunday, after they both lost their morning matches so wouldn't advance any further.  We went to the iconic Varsity to eat, although not the one downtown.  From there we headed to The World of Coke, but no one wanted to stand in the enormous line. . .we walked around a bit, thought about going on the CNN tour like we did years ago with Margaret. . .but, in the end, ended up at the Body Exhibit.  I really, really liked it, but it wasn't worth the money for the kids to go through.

Grandpa Foster has been down to visit twice since we moved. . .I think we had just taken the dog to one of our many wonderful dog parks and stopped for a treat on the way back.  We *love* having guests -- we always have, of course -- but even more so here because they have their own room and bathroom!!!  That part is really super great for everyone :)


Speaking of jobs, Thomas is now gainfully employed at Chick-fil-A!  Frederick was sneaky and got a picture of him one Wednesday night that the younger two and I went up there for dinner.  He seems to like it, but wordy kid that he is. . .you just never know.  It seems like a good place to work.


Margaret's school team cheered at our local fair.  They came in second place, but won a spirit award which they were *very* proud of.  She has a really great coach that wants the girls to do more than just cheer at the basketball games, but be leaders in other ways also.  They are "sponsoring" a 6th grader in their school who is fighting a rare form of cancer.  .they are "Ethan Strong", putting his number on their muscles while cheering to remind everyone that it's not just about the competition or the cheers, but they also support their school and classmates all the time.

Last weekend a few of Marie's friends came to watch her play in a tournament that her school was participating in.  That was really neat for her!  She played downtown at 8 and 10:30 then we took them to one of our favorite places to eat.  She talked them both into fish & chips :)

Speaking of guests, we have gotten to host our good friends and old neighbors twice here in our new city. . .once for a Sunday cookout and then one night they came over after a soccer Saturday -- the kids are all old enough now that they stayed home and WE went out -- ha!
How is it that we get pictures of the kids but forget to get one of the four of us???

Oh!  Here's a picture of my love and me. . .probably the only one taken the last 6 months - ha!  This was his birthday dinner, a few nights late.  We tried a new Italian restaurant that was recommended by some of my coworkers -- it was just "ok".  They did put us in a tiny private booth, though. . .that was kind of special :)
A picture into my day. . .I think these are 2nd graders. . .I teach 6 classes a day, 5-K and on Wednesdays I also have Pre-K in.  We are on a 4-day rotation so I see each class K-5 for 40 minutes once every four days.  My October plan book (I don't even have my TWO weekly Wednesday meetings on here!)
My wonderful mother gave me a "back to school" and "happy new job" gift -- this awesome Erin Condren planner.  Yes, it is worth every penny -- I *love* it!!!

Well, this doesn't even begin to encompass everything on our plates these days. . .but glad that the kids shamed me into getting some new material up.  I left the house at 6:32 this morning (normal) because my day starts at 7:08, 35 minutes away.  Yes, I have it down to the minute :)  We had our first Parent Engagement night tonight and I was asked to present some technology so I didn't sign out until 7:30. . .home at 8:05.  That is unusual though. . .I can be home as early as four on days that we don't have meetings after school.  I'll try to find time to blog more about my job another time. . .it really is the perfect fit for me and the "dream" job that I begged my old school for many, many times (they still don't have a technology teacher).  My grant from the state of TN last year really opened up some great doors for me!

It's now 10:05 and my alarm will ring at 5:30.  The dog has an appointment at a new vet tomorrow afternoon.  I just realized she isn't in any of my recent pictures. . .you can tell I'm not an at-home mom anymore. . .she and I spent a lot of time together March-July!!  She's so spoiled. . .we brought "her" sofa with us from the apartment and put it in our room -- yes, the DOG has her own sofa in our bedroom!!!  Ridiculous.  
Yes, I just snapped that picture.  Yes, we still have LOTS to unpack.  Remember, the movers packed and moved us THE WEEK I BEGAN SCHOOL.  It will all get done. . .hopefully before the holidays.  We shall see.  
This is the only piece of furniture she is allowed on and we're not even really sure how that happened.  Oh well.  She's happy. . .we're happy. . .life is GOOD.
It's now 10:18.  Goodnight!

Comments