Skip to main content

POTD 03.04.13

I always write the date on this day and remember my grandfather, Pa Cooper.  This was his birthday.  I was fortunate enough to dance with him at my wedding. . .and he held my first two babies.  He died 51 weeks to the day of his Bride, my grandmother, whom he had been married to for over 50 years.  Their marriage was an inspiration to us.  He served our country in the Navy and then continued to serve in his community of Detroit, Michigan, as a firefighter.  He gave all the boys/men in our family their haircuts. . .Thomas got his first one from his old barber chair in his garage in Luther, Michigan.  So many wonderful, beautiful memories.

My picture of the day today comes from my sister. . .she and my niece Susan and our mother and my boys all went out to dinner together. 
Thomas (8th grade) and Grandma

Frederick (4th grade) & Susan (3rd grade)


































Frederick and Susan always share a meal.  Even kids' meals. . .it's really cute.  Apparently, though, Monday night they were hungry. . .
I talked to both of them, separately, the next day. . .they both verified that "Susan ate 4 and Frederick ate 15 and we gave Grandma 1" -- ha!  There was a dispute about how many sugar snap peas Susan had. . .she said "6" and Frederick said "5".  There wasn't, however, a dispute about how many Frederick ate.  That answer was a clear "just 1".

How did they fare on that full slab of ribs?
Definitely pictures of the day today. . .thanks for sending them on, Jodi!!!  I miss my boys but am so glad they are having a good time (and eating well) up there :)

Love,
Jenni

Comments