Skip to main content

POTD 02.27.13

We are all enjoying these. . .eating them about as fast as she can make 'em.  Marie was very specific, had a definite idea in her head of what she wanted to make. . .cookies with a caramel filling and chocolate ganache too.  We googled thumbprint cookies. . .and I suggested just cutting up caramel pieces and adding it to the mixture (every caramel cookie we found on Pinterest used some form of candy in the middle. . .and she wanted to make her own caramel!).  She knew what she wanted -- and the caramel had to be homemade, nothing less was acceptable.
So. . .we found the thumbprint recipe somewhere online. . .and then I dug out my old Cooking Club folder and found how to make caramel with sweetened condensed milk and she used left-over ganache (Alton Brown) from my birthday cake for the topping.

They are so, so good.  I'm really glad she stuck to her guns and created exactly what she wanted.  What a girl :)

Any requests?  Send them on. . .she'll be happy to try!!!  (And I'll be happy to keep her occupied but have the treats leave the house -- ha!)

Comments