Skip to main content

Snapshot of LIFE

This is a "typical" view of our kitchen.  Of our life.  Every single thing in this picture tells a story, freezes a moment of time for me. . .thankfulness beyond measure.

The girls and I had a little time on Saturday. . .Marie had just gotten home from 2+ hours of soccer conditioning and taken a shower.  Margaret was dressed in her typical "I just throw things together and it works" fashion.  They had both just had a lunch date with Tom at IHOP.  Thomas was at soccer practice and Frederick was running errands with Tom.

Marie was making a banana cake with bananas that were getting too ripe.  She is a good little baker!  She even improvised a little bit and added some chocolate chips :)  When the cake cooled she and I made caramel icing for it. . .we shared the cake with friends Saturday night and Sunday she made another one!  She said that maybe next time she made one I could take pictures and could blog about it :)



Margaret was helping me with the stuffed shells.  Y'know, in this house, the 4-pack of deodorant that we picked up at Sam's Club earlier that day just belongs there too -- ha!

And the fridge is decorated with all those that we love so much.







I can see my beautiful new (when am I going to stop calling it "new"?) window in the dining room. . .snacks brought in from the car but not yet put away. . .trashcan in the middle of the room, a sign of busyness. . .apparently Thomas was making iced tea earlier because that is still sitting out. . .the bar stools that my in-laws re-did for me for my birthday last year. . .the tops of the cupboards decorated from some of my Pa's firefighter stuff. . .I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

~ Jenni

Linking up with Simple Things Sunday

Comments

  1. Life if so good!!! Thank you for a look into your life!! You are so blessed;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment