Skip to main content

POTD 01.03.13

NOTHING!!!  Ha!  Three days in and, well, we went back to "life" and I forgot to snap a picture of it :)  I got in to school early just so I could prepare for students again.  It was a very good first day back.  Especially since my classroom had been painted (again) by my wonderful family on Tuesday.  I only had my phone with me that day but here are a few shots (I meant to get a "completed" picture when I went in on Thursday but that was really the furthest thing from my mind).
 The room looks *wonderful*.   What an improvement.  Three of the kids, Tom, and I knocked it out in about three hours.  I'd love to tackle the front wall now too but it will take a lot of convincing on my part to have that happen :)

The front wall is the grey-ish-white that you see behind the cabinets. 





Margaret used this time to work on her research paper
As it turns out Thursday (our first day back to school) ended up being a very late night because I had to help grade ELA {English Language Arts} state assessment tests after school.  Tom calls some of my duties "uncompensated mandates" -- ha!  Our 7th grade ELA, science, and social studies teachers, along with the librarian and a special-ed teacher, had a good system going and got a decent start on the 206 narrative essays we needed to grade on a 4 part, 4-point rubric.  We worked for about 2.5 hours.  Afterwards I went back to my classroom and worked another hour on my classroom work.  Tom had picked up the kids when he got off work. . .Margaret had cheer and Frederick basketball. . .I picked Margaret up at 7 and we met Tom and the other three for dinner out.  My husband is so good and understanding. . .he figured dinner out would be easier on me :) 

So. . .first day back to "life".  We all enjoyed our break but, being a person who thrives on routine, getting back to a schedule was a great way to start the year.  Our ELA teacher showed our students this video and discussed it -- I love it!!!


~ Jenni

Comments