Skip to main content

Not much to say

I know, I know, that is a *weird* title from me!!!  But, really, there just isn't a whole lot going on. . .

We got the tree up. . .and when I say "we" I really mean the boys and Miss Margaret.  They got it out and started putting it together and then Frederick started stringing lights just the way I like them and, before I knew it, it was d.o.n.e.  What a blessing.  And then, well, the ornaments never made it inside.  So the younger two made a paper chain and I've been putting our Christmas cards on it -- and that's enough.  For this year at least.

It really doesn't look that bare and lonely in real life. . .but the camera isn't catching it at its best either.  I asked for the skirt and topper a couple of nights ago but. . .well. . .I'm still waiting.  Here is one of my favorite "ornaments" on the tree. . .
I can't believe Charlie Brown (the dog) made the cut -- ha!  In the past I've always hung the cards on our door. . .this is a nice change.  I might have to consider an additional tree in the future just for this purpose. . .

My dad and Robert did our outdoor lights -- they are a blessing to come home to every night!  We *never* come home before dark and it's great to be greeted with this festive sight:
And the stockings are out. . .


Although, for whatever reason, Marie and Frederick have decided on their "baby" stockings rather than the ones that all match. . .oh well.  I'm not arguing about it.  The kiddos have been bugging me to draw for names so that needs to be done this weekend.  Our tradition is that, instead of everyone buying for everyone (I mean, c'mon, that would be a LOAD), each person draws one names and fills that person's stocking.  This is something the kids *love* and they really are good shoppers for one another!  That might take up most of the weekend. . .

This house has been sick now for an entire week.  I think Marie, Frederick, and I have had it the worst (I really couldn't function last weekend and both Marie and Frederick missed school last week) although Margaret and even Thomas have had a touch of "not feeling well".  And "whatever" it is is really hanging on. . .the kids at school have really been concerned for me this week as I haven't seemed to get much better!  It is so incredibly rare for me to be sick that it has really turned things upside down around here.

Because Frederick and I were running fevers last Saturday night Tom had to take a date besides me to his Christmas party.

Margaret was beautiful and looked so grown-up!  I was able to get off the sofa long enough to do her hair and she kept saying "I feel like a teenager!" -- ha!  (She's 10)

I had to go pick Thomas up from soccer practice so I wasn't home to take Tom & Margaret's picture together. . . .I don't much like the angle Marie chose for the picture of Tom & Margaret but the memory will live with the picture anyway :)









Christmas 2012 date - Opryland and Rockettes Show
Sunday I dragged myself to Margaret's Power Christmas Party -- I sat away from the other moms so as to not infect them and did enjoy my first-ever attempt at painting a picture. . .
To be fair, the snowman and his details were outlined before we got there and someone at the art studio did all the lettering and graffiti around the edges. . .but otherwise it's "mine".  Margaret's masterpiece has a place on the tree right now (it sure is coming in handy!):
 
My Christmas cards are ordered. . .about half of our shopping is done. . .nothing is wrapped. . .and I'm in the mood to bake!!!  NOTHING is on the calendar this weekend so maybe the kids and I can get started on that. . .and shop. . .and maybe decorate just a little bit more.  We're going to be home on Christmas morning this year -- a first for us!! -- so it might be worth it to be a bit more festive around here :)  We have two more days of school plus a 10:00 day on Wednesday. . .

I was realizing today that it was about a year ago today (or yesterday) that I got the phone call from my school asking me to "come in first thing Monday morning". . .and, well, without any expectations was offered this job.  What a year it has been!  And here we are. . .one year older. . .a year of paychecks, ~ 50 hours/wk devoted to my job, the kids in school for an entire year. . .reflections, reflections. . .

Happy Weekend!
Jenni

Comments