Skip to main content

THANKFUL

I am thankful for a few extra moments this morning to blog.  I am thankful for my camera, technology, and the ability to share.  This is a *random* list and not meant to be in any order and inclusive or exclusive of anyone or anything. . .this post is a way for me to share some pictures and reminisce about my blessings.  As of this moment, 5:48 a.m. on a Tuesday morning, I have no idea what pictures I'll post or what I'll say. . .I'm not even going to look for anything in particular . . .let's see where it goes :)

The first picture that popped up in a folder that was already open. . .I am thankful for this 10-yr-old, little Miss Margaret.  I am in awe of her upper-body strength, her toned legs and her abilities out on the gym floor.  She is beautiful and thoughtful and amazing.

I'm thankful for my oldest.  This may not be the best picture of him, but he's in his element and it's the first one I came to.  He wears his uniform every day that it's clean -- whether he has a game or not!  I'm proud of him and am thankful for the means to not only afford to allow him to play soccer at a high level but the time our family is given to travel with him and be together.

Here's another picture from that same tournament. . .that hat was necessary as it was SO COLD those two days. . .I want to remember, too, that during a corner kick during one game he took his hat off right before the kick. . .the ball came right at him and he headed it in for a goal!  It was one of the goals that got his team to the finals that weekend at the end of October this year :)

 I am thankful for my oldest daughter, Marie (on right).  I'm thankful for her soccer friends -- also my students this year -- who painted my classroom together.  Marie's ability to make friends with *anyone* and her ease in a crowd is enviable.  Everyone likes her. . .she's comfortable with who she is.

 I'm thankful for God's great surprise to us.  I love that he is the one that looks most like me.  I love/hate that he's perfectionistic like me too. . .ha!  I love how friendly he is everywhere we go. . .he's comfortable in crowds and with strangers alike. 

 I am thankful for in-laws. . .for raising Tom into the man that he is. . .for loving me and calling me "daughter". . .for their special relationship with their grandchildren.  For always being there. . .for the example they have set as a committed couple, going through life together.  I'm thankful for Nana's cooking and Grandpa Fred's handyman skills too!!!

I'm thankful for Amanda.  I'm extremely thankful that God has kept us together throughout her life, through strife and miles.  I'm thankful for the privilege of being asked to stand up for her at her wedding.

 I'm thankful for my mother.  Are there any other words that are adequate???

I'm thankful that each of my daughters has a sister.  I'm thankful, too, that I have a sister. . .not only one that I love, but one that I like very much and someone I am overly proud of.

There are no words (as any mother can attest) for how much I love these four.  My blessings overflow and my love and pride in them and who they are is insurmountable. 

I'm thankful for those that have known me my entire life.  Who have been through trials, bad times, happy times, important times. . .those that share my blood.  I'm thankful that we know one another, we get together, that we genuinely love one another.  We live in three different states so I'm extra-thankful when we can be together.  On a lake, no less :)  I'm thankful to live near the lake!!!! 

And I'm glad I said at the beginning that this post was in no particular order because this person is the light of my life.  The anchor that holds us together.  The man I have known and loved for more then half of my life.  It is only through God's grace and work in our life that we have this testimony.

Now that I've begun this post I don't want to stop -- but school calls!!!  I'm thankful not only for a job, but for a job doing what I love, doing what I've always wanted to do.  A year ago right now I could not have imagined this life, in a classroom, with 7th graders teaching culture and geography.  And I definitely could not have imagined how much I would like the subject and how much I would learn in these last 11 months.

 I am thankful for a God, mighty and supreme, that can make all this happen.  For a God who is loving and just and the center of my life.

Happy Tuesday All!
Jenni

Comments