Skip to main content

Some pictures to share

It's late -- we spent the day on the lake! -- and it's been a long week. . .
 Last weekend my dad decided to paint the dining room for us!
 The first color I had picked was to the left of the entry there. . .but my girlfriends who were over on Saturday said they liked the "wet cement" color better (it is a bit darker). . .so that's what we went with!  I think it will look really good with the 6" baseboard and crown molding we have planned. . .
And most especially with the window that is supposed to go in that big blank spot!  I don't know when we'll finish this all up now that school is in full-swing. . .
 Monday was registration day. . .my dad was here and tried to get a picture but keeping eyes open in "the sun is too bright" setting was just too much for these three.  Thomas was participating in Death at Dawn with Tom.
Margaret 5th grade, Frederick 4th grade, Marie 6th grade. . .and me, 7th grade
 The first "official" day of school was Wednesday.  Tom brought Thomas to school after Death at Dawn (5:30-6:30 a.m. conditioning program that runs for 2 weeks at the beginning of each school semester).
We met up in the parking lot and I begged for another picture. What do you know?  The Lord again blessed us with "too much sunlight".  Sigh.  I never have happy kids on the first day of school. . .
The week went great!  I simply love what I do and am so thankful every day to have the opportunity to teach.  There are many, many frustrating times and on more then one occasion I have wanted to quit but all-in-all it's a true dream-come-true.  It seems like we have a *great* group of 7th graders this year which makes it nice, of course :)

Frederick has the same teachers that Margaret had last year and Margaret has the same teachers that Marie had so that is nice!  Both grades have 2 teams each. . .I don't know how it happened that it ended up that way but the kids are happy.  Marie ended up on a team with three teachers as did Thomas.  For whatever reason neither of them ended up with too many friends on their teams but I'm sure it will all work out and everyone will have a good year.  Three days down. . .177 to go!

Friday night we ended up at a local favorite, Flippin~Burgers and snapped a terrific picture of these two:
Marie had just finished trying out for the middle school soccer team.  She really wanted to make it!  Lots of girls tried out and in the end the coach did take three 6th graders -- Marie being one of them!!!  We're all so excited -- she's worked extremely hard to get this far.  Thomas helped out at the try-outs then after this burger had his own select practice. . .followed later by AR training (which Marie also attended). . .they have energy, energy, energy -- I love it!!!  (Don't worry -- no soda before practices, especially on 90 degree days -- those cups were filled with pure H20.)

Today we headed out to the lake.  It's been a weird year -- we've not been out much. . .I think this was just the 2nd or 3rd time for me.  We have a new licensed driver. . .
(I don't know if I've mentioned that yet this year. . .he got his license about mid-May)

Thomas brought his friend, Gray, out again and they probably went through 1/2 tank of gas tubing today :)
Missy here vegging out in the front. . .
And two more. . .yes. . .I think Frederick ended up in the water after this photo was snapped. . .

Fredrick's friend Scott and his family joined us out at our "parking spot" and then we traded kids around for some more tubing. . .
Gray is on the left and Thomas took Scott out with him on the right since Frederick doesn't like to tube. . .
Then it was Miss Marie's turn to go out with Gray. . .
Scott & Marie
I love this look of pure joy!

Thomas and Marie were out there a little bit together too but I had put my camera away for the 20th time and decided not to take any pics. . .then this passes by us (I didn't get my camera out quickly enough):
That would be Frederick, ON A TUBE, with Scott's brother, Bean.  Here's a closer look:
 Then, a bit later, this drove by. . .
. . .the kid waving at us. . .I figured it was Scott until I zoomed in. . .
Frederick was KNEEBOARDING of all things!  And *loved* it :)  Scott & Rene (our friends) said he got up the first time.  Margaret was riding with them too and thought she was going to get a turn next but it was getting too dark so we'll have to go back out again really soon with Tom's old kneeboard and let the little kids try it out :)

Tomorrow morning we have a whole new batch of 3rd graders coming into our Sunday School class -- fun, fun!  This is our third year teaching third grade and the first year we won't have any of our own children.  Time marches on. . .

Happy birthday last Friday to Grandpa Fred and Happy 70th this Wednesday to Nana!!!  We love you!!!



Comments