Skip to main content

Home From Camps

The youngest three and I got home from camp yesterday (Friday) afternoon.  We had time to go through all of our pictures with Tom but I don't have it in me right now to edit and post them here right now.  This is a good  one of all of us with the CentriKid staff member that was assigned to our church that was posted on Facebook.  My large group shot didn't turn out as well as this so I was glad to be tagged on this one!
This is the only picture of me from camp (that I'm aware of because, duh, I'm always behind the camera). . .over to the far left in the jean jacket.  And under that I had on long sleeves. . .it was a cool, wet morning.  Nobody else seems to have my cold blood.  Miss Margaret is piggy-backed on our staffer, James, Marie is to the left in the back row with a pair of sunglasses on her head, and Frederick is almost smack-dab in the middle in the second row, kind of sitting up on his knees.  We had 47 people from our church attend.  Our Children's Director had the smart idea of having these orange shirts made up with our church name on them to travel to and from camp in -- the kids were so easy to spot when we stopped to eat and even around campus when they had them on.

As I was catching up on Facebook last night I noticed that Thomas's camp had posted only one picture from the week so far -- and it happened to be Thomas's cabin!
Thomas is on the far right. . .his cousin, Patrick, is second from the left.  Their counselor Todd, who I met this morning, is in the plaid shirt.  I think they were dressed to go to their banquet maybe?  I don't know any other reason they would not be in swimsuits and t-shirts -- ha!
When I picked the boys up this morning (Patrick is staying with us for the 28 hours between Week 4 pick-up and Week 5 drop-off) they were all smiles and good times.  They hung around talking for a little bit and it just seemed like their cabin all got along really well and had a good time together.  I was a little nervous this year when Thomas said he wanted to go for two weeks -- I was afraid that it would be "too much". . .like, maybe it wouldn't be as fun the second week or something?  Anyway, I have NO DOUBT that they will have another great week this week and they're dragging Frederick with them too :)  One of the boys they were talking to as we were leaving said "I wish I could come another week -- I don't want to go home". . .that's a *good* thing in my book. . .it means that the camp is "doing it right" and leaves the kids wanting more.  Yea!

So. . .28 hours of rest for these hard-working counselors and then one more week of camp for them before summer is over.  Yep, SUMMER IS OVER.  Hard to believe, huh?  I start back to school Thursday, the kids have their registration day the following Monday, and then we're off-and-running two days later on Wednesday.  Whew! 

Love,
Jenni

ETA:  I'm linking up with Rachel Anne and the Company Girls Coffee over at Home Sanctuary!  Join in the fun, either linking your own blog post or just visiting other Company Girls.  Click >here< to be directed to the party.

Comments