Skip to main content

Kiawah Favorite #1

Y'know, even though Kiawah Island, SC is on the Atlantic Ocean and the beaches are beautiful, my most favorite thing were these bike paths.  In fact, this one could have been leading to the beach :)
The kids enjoyed the biking just as much.  It gave them a lot of freedom (it's a gated community so the safety factor was high) and I liked the idea of not climbing in-and-out of vehicles all the time.  Here they were, always lined up and ready to go :)

The resort claims 30 miles of biking trails. . .we hit maybe, possibly, 1/3 of them. . .
Every inch of the island is beautiful and meticulously kept.

And since it's flat, biking is easy :)

You can rent bikes (the staff will deliver and pick them up!) or, in my lucky case, my sister let me use hers for the week :)












Little Miss Margaret was so cute on her bike all week long. . .most of the time I was behind her with her blond pony tail hanging out.  She was almost always in her swimsuit wearing those sparkly shoes she got on her birthday from Grandma :)
Can you spot the bikes here?
I can't tell you how many times the kids would bike down to the soccer field to kick the ball around. . .

This picture was Friday morning. . .my dad and I played tennis at 8 a.m. when we got back to the condo Tom, the kids and I hopped on our bikes and headed to breakfast.  After breakfast, on our last full day there, we discovered THE MOST FUN THING about biking on Kiawah Island:







BIKING ON THE BEACH!!!













The kids could weave in and out and around and since the tide was out and it was still relatively early, no one was disturbed.  Later in the day the bikes came back down to the beach:















 



It was truly my favorite thing about our trip (among many "favorites" for sure).  Our children are the perfect ages for this type of vacation -- 8, 10, 12, & 13 -- and with so many varied activities there truly *is* something for everyone.












Next post. . .my next favorite thing. . .
 I know, it's still not the beach. . .but the beach is in the top three :)


Comments