Skip to main content

January 3, 2012

Today was supposed to be the kids' and my first day back to school after staying at home together for the last 12 months.
Hey did you catch it?  Let me zoom in a little bit. . .
That would be a touch, a sprinkling, of s-n-o-w.  Snow combined with temperatures that aren't supposed to climb above freezing today equal. . .
SNOW DAY!!!!
(Or, as I saw posted on FB today, "a snowless snow day").
Ugh.
One of the reasons last year for our lifestyle change.
But I'm certain that God has placed us where we are today, in a new season, for a very specific purpose.
So we will enjoy one.more.day together.  It's 7:30 a.m. and we should all be arriving at our new schools by now. . .and yet all the kids are still peacefully sleeping, blissfully unaware of their good fortune (the school cancellation wasn't called until after they were asleep last night) today.  They have been so excited, have spent a lot of energy on the anticipation of today. . .and Lord willing, tomorrow will come with those same bright promises.
Picture I snapped with my phone on my way out of school yesterday
Guess I shouldn't have hung those snowflakes on my door?

Comments