Skip to main content

First Day

Frederick 3rd grade, Thomas 7th grade, Margaret 4th grade, & Marie 5th grade
It was a wonderful first day of school today.  Tom took the younger two to their school (same campus as my school but different buildings) and then came over to the middle school to meet me in the office with the other two so he could get them situated with their schedules, lockers, etc. while I began my new life in a 7th grade social studies (geography & culture) classroom.  I have 125 names to learn -- ack!!!  I have lessons to plan. . .I'm spending huge chunks of time just trying to stay one step ahead in the curriculum :)  I'm not hooked up to grade programs, lesson plan programs, google.docs, websites, e-mail or anything else yet which is kind of a blessing. . .those, too, will take huge amounts of time to figure out I'm sure. 
I love the classroom. . .the kids all seem to love their classes and teachers. . .so far, so good. 
It's not bad starting this season with a 3-day week -- ha!
Love,
Jenni

Comments