Skip to main content

December 10th, 10-10:30 a.m.

The Jingle Bell Run was this morning. . .
. . .and Thomas ran again -- his third race in as many months!  Does he look cold?  He should. . .this is what my phone said about our weather:
It really felt a lot colder.  The wind was really icy cold.  Thomas had not brought a hat or gloves -- ugh!  Marie was with us and had a Santa hat that she lent him and I gave him my gloves.  It was a 5K Jingle Bell Run.
Santa and Frosty were there:

And he's lined up, ready for the cannon shot.
(There were some great costumes out there as well as a few people with bare arms and legs -- I can't imagine!)
Here comes the first runner. . .about 17 minutes later (!!!!)
. . .and about 4 minutes later I saw Thomas!!!
Yes, again, he passes the man just ahead of him at the finish line -- ha!
I was shouting at them. . ."numbers 9 & 10. . .you're number 9 & 10".  I figured it would push him on.  And it did. . .he passed the other guy over the finish line. . .
Less then 22.5 minutes -- wow!!
Yep, this is completely un-posed.  This is what "Mom, I'm not hungry.  I don't want oatmeal" an hour/two before will do to you after running a 7:10-mile pace.  But he soon recovered:
And said, (don't read this part Aunt Jodi):  "I'm never running another race". 

Comments

  1. Wow! Good for him that's awesome! Our oldest daughter likes to run as well, but she's never competed with anyone other than herself :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment