Skip to main content

Blogs I enjoy - Company Girl Coffee 9.2

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a link-up today about favorite blogs.  I love reading blogs and getting "involved" in other people's lives and sometimes living through them in the craft world/business world.  I'm constantly inspired and awed by the talent out there. . .writing talent, painting, crafting, cooking, etc.  I've often thought about posting some favorite links so I guess today I have the chance :)

I need to start with Home Sanctuary and Rachel Anne, who hosts a Company Girls link-up party every Friday. 
I "found" Rachel a few years ago when I was looking for home-maintenance encouragement. 
I feel like so many people that link up to this party every week has so much in common. . .kind of a "birds of a feather" thing.  Most of us are "small" bloggers who blog for ourselves, family, and fun. . .Rachel Anne, on the other hand, blogs to help us keep our homes a Sanctuary for those living in them with us.  With her Small Things each day we are encouraged that each small thing makes a difference in our service to those that we live with and love.  And she is super-duper talented in the painting and furniture-refinishing department!!!  Thank you, Rachel Anne, for faithfully keeping up with us :)

Besides Rachel Anne and Kelly, one of the first blogs I "found" when I first started reading them regularly was Sarah over at Thrifty Decor Chick
 She is a former interior designer who now shares with us her incredible transformations in her home.  I think what draws me to her most are 1) She is so *real*; 2) Her style is my style -- within the last year or so she's started redecorating her home. . .a home decorated in the same style as mine now to a style that I would love to change to!  I'm constantly looking to her for inspiration.  Recently she had a very informative blogger post. . .I simply must find some time to follow some of her links and learn a little more about this blogging world.  And 3) so often she will personally respond to comments. . .even though she gets HUNDREDS. . .I always think that is such a great thing!!

Meg over at whatever. . .I mean, who doesn't "know" and LOVE her?!? 
 I love that she's a mommy of 5.  I love that she loves her husband.  Her photos inspire me.  I love her craft Thursdays.  Her house looks so fun and alive and *real*.  She lives in Kansas. . .vacations in Michigan. . .loves Chicago.  Is it crazy that I know so much about someone I've never met?!?  That's what blogging is all about, right?

Shelli Gardner at So Shelli is a rare gem.
I really admire her as a woman, mother, grandmother, wife, and business owner.  This is a picture of her and her girls. . .I'll bet you really have to look to tell which woman is the oldest, huh?  Shelli is someone that I wish could mentor me for a period of time. . .although I'm not a part of her company or nearly as creative as her, I love reading about how she balances her full life. . .it is very inspiring.

I admire Kim Wheeler's talents at Small Words blog so much!
Apparently she lives fairly close to me. . .I want to be her student!!!  She is a self-taught painter (although it's obvious through her decorating and party-throwing posts that she has a *lot* of talent in her DNA) who makes custom works of art.  She's also a mommy.  Of four.  Many with special needs.  I think she'd be a hoot to live next door to.  Again, so real. . .she puts it "all out there" and sometimes makes me laugh out loud.  And then recall the stories to my puzzled husband who can't understand why I act like I know these people :)

Vicki Courtney will be my last link in this post. . .I have been reading her blog for a year or more now and she has been so encouraging to me as a Christ-follower. 
 She's about a decade ahead of me in the parenting realm and I love this because I feel like there is so much I can learn from her experiences.  Through her blog (and her books) she is teaching me how to better parent my children.  Again, I'm sure she is a wonderful person who I would love if I met her IRL (and in her pictures I think she looks a lot like my IRL friend, Amy :))

There are so many others. . .many times I will post a link on FB with a good entry or something. . .thank you Kelly, for hosting this linky party so we can all share who we keep up with.  I find many times that if I like one blog someone reads I will like many. . .it is hard to keep up though (because real life is, well, REAL) and there is a balance there.  I write my blog for my family, to record my memories, and to find other friends out there in blog world who I might have something in common with. 

Comments

  1. What a great list, I will have to do a bit of visiting :) Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some great blogs... I look forward to checking them out! Stopping by from Company Girls Coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I'll have to check those sites out. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...maybe eventually I'll get to check some of those sights out...they look very interesting! Hope you enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment