Skip to main content

Blogs I enjoy - Company Girl Coffee 9.2

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a link-up today about favorite blogs.  I love reading blogs and getting "involved" in other people's lives and sometimes living through them in the craft world/business world.  I'm constantly inspired and awed by the talent out there. . .writing talent, painting, crafting, cooking, etc.  I've often thought about posting some favorite links so I guess today I have the chance :)

I need to start with Home Sanctuary and Rachel Anne, who hosts a Company Girls link-up party every Friday. 
I "found" Rachel a few years ago when I was looking for home-maintenance encouragement. 
I feel like so many people that link up to this party every week has so much in common. . .kind of a "birds of a feather" thing.  Most of us are "small" bloggers who blog for ourselves, family, and fun. . .Rachel Anne, on the other hand, blogs to help us keep our homes a Sanctuary for those living in them with us.  With her Small Things each day we are encouraged that each small thing makes a difference in our service to those that we live with and love.  And she is super-duper talented in the painting and furniture-refinishing department!!!  Thank you, Rachel Anne, for faithfully keeping up with us :)

Besides Rachel Anne and Kelly, one of the first blogs I "found" when I first started reading them regularly was Sarah over at Thrifty Decor Chick
 She is a former interior designer who now shares with us her incredible transformations in her home.  I think what draws me to her most are 1) She is so *real*; 2) Her style is my style -- within the last year or so she's started redecorating her home. . .a home decorated in the same style as mine now to a style that I would love to change to!  I'm constantly looking to her for inspiration.  Recently she had a very informative blogger post. . .I simply must find some time to follow some of her links and learn a little more about this blogging world.  And 3) so often she will personally respond to comments. . .even though she gets HUNDREDS. . .I always think that is such a great thing!!

Meg over at whatever. . .I mean, who doesn't "know" and LOVE her?!? 
 I love that she's a mommy of 5.  I love that she loves her husband.  Her photos inspire me.  I love her craft Thursdays.  Her house looks so fun and alive and *real*.  She lives in Kansas. . .vacations in Michigan. . .loves Chicago.  Is it crazy that I know so much about someone I've never met?!?  That's what blogging is all about, right?

Shelli Gardner at So Shelli is a rare gem.
I really admire her as a woman, mother, grandmother, wife, and business owner.  This is a picture of her and her girls. . .I'll bet you really have to look to tell which woman is the oldest, huh?  Shelli is someone that I wish could mentor me for a period of time. . .although I'm not a part of her company or nearly as creative as her, I love reading about how she balances her full life. . .it is very inspiring.

I admire Kim Wheeler's talents at Small Words blog so much!
Apparently she lives fairly close to me. . .I want to be her student!!!  She is a self-taught painter (although it's obvious through her decorating and party-throwing posts that she has a *lot* of talent in her DNA) who makes custom works of art.  She's also a mommy.  Of four.  Many with special needs.  I think she'd be a hoot to live next door to.  Again, so real. . .she puts it "all out there" and sometimes makes me laugh out loud.  And then recall the stories to my puzzled husband who can't understand why I act like I know these people :)

Vicki Courtney will be my last link in this post. . .I have been reading her blog for a year or more now and she has been so encouraging to me as a Christ-follower. 
 She's about a decade ahead of me in the parenting realm and I love this because I feel like there is so much I can learn from her experiences.  Through her blog (and her books) she is teaching me how to better parent my children.  Again, I'm sure she is a wonderful person who I would love if I met her IRL (and in her pictures I think she looks a lot like my IRL friend, Amy :))

There are so many others. . .many times I will post a link on FB with a good entry or something. . .thank you Kelly, for hosting this linky party so we can all share who we keep up with.  I find many times that if I like one blog someone reads I will like many. . .it is hard to keep up though (because real life is, well, REAL) and there is a balance there.  I write my blog for my family, to record my memories, and to find other friends out there in blog world who I might have something in common with. 

Comments

  1. What a great list, I will have to do a bit of visiting :) Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some great blogs... I look forward to checking them out! Stopping by from Company Girls Coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I'll have to check those sites out. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...maybe eventually I'll get to check some of those sights out...they look very interesting! Hope you enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Dinner

This is the easy crockpot pork tenderloin dinner that I mentioned the other day. Obviously I'm not making it again today, but it IS a great Sunday dinner -- definitely good enough for company too. Here is your cast of characters:
Pork tenderloin, 1 can of each: Cream of Mushroom, Golden Mushroom, and French Onion. I am not a fan of processed foods, but this is an exception. I also don't really like mushrooms but they are easy to pick out of this dish if you like (I give all of mine to Margaret). That's it, that's all you need! Oh, and a crockpot and 8-10 hours :)

Here is what a pork tenderloin looks like if you've never bought one.
When you open it up you get this:Lots of people will further trim that fat. . .I don't because it will cook off. I do rinse and pat it dry at this point. Also, when my mother makes this she salt and peppers the meat -- I do not. My kids HATE pepper and I generally don't add salt to my cooking.

Add all three soups to the cro…

Love well

I needed some pictures late last week and realized that I don't spend enough time documenting the moments in life -- to me, if the picture is important enough to take, it's something I want to journal about.  It used to be that I was so busy documenting that I was forgetting to live in the moment. . .I think I have a much better balance now.  But then, this week, I was reminded of why pictures have always been important to me -- because LIFE is important and it's fleeting.
My aunt lost her son (in the sunglasses) this week.  It was unexpected.  He was 41.  He was one of my twin cousins.  Born on my sister's 2nd birthday.  I say "my aunt's son" because I can't imagine losing a child.  I'm sure no one can.  He was also a dad -- of that great kid all the way to the left in the front row.  J is 9.  So a boy is now without his father, and a mother and father without their  son.  His girlfriend lost her partner and many people lost a friend.  His sister…

Margaret's first 8th birthday party

Margaret had her 8th birthday party TWO WEEKS AGO!!! Ugh. It was on a Friday. The following Monday was the last day of school, then we left immediately for our trip "home" (300 miles away) and spent a week there. She had another party there, with family, ON her actual birthday. We traveled home Sunday, went to visit friends at Lake Cumberland in KY on Monday, "caught up" at home Tuesday, than visited Splash Country in Eastern TN with friends yesterday. Whew! Busy start to the summer :)This was the group of friends that were able to attend the party:Marie (her sister), AC, SM, EC, and the birthday girl herself :)She had three other people that were invited (she was 8, so I planned for a party of 8) but they didn't come.

We decided on a "crafting" party this year. My good friend and neighbor, Rene, works with Stampin' Up! and put together a great party at her house in her stamping room. The girls all made photo albums and charm bracelets. It…