Skip to main content

Life

Life is busy.  I haven't even kept up with Picture of the Day!  And the shocker is, my kids have forgotten to remind me. . .they were kind of into that for a long time now.  It's just been go, go, go but not in a crazy way. . .just in a we-have-four-kids-and-a-job-and-homeschool way.

Anyway. . .when I dumped my camera last night I realized I hadn't posted (current) pictures in two weeks!
The kids have been "into" creating with Legos. . .they have been *everywhere*.  This was a solid box that Marie spent an hour or two on. . .then wanted photographed 8 different ways.  I'll spare you all but one. . .
It really was quite detailed. . .I'm proud of their creativity. . .not only what you can see, but in the conversations they have together while creating.

Thomas is helping to coach Frederick's team.  Tom is the coach, Thomas the assistant.  Their first practice was two weeks ago:
Thomas giving them a warm-up jog. . .

And coach Tom gathering them together. . .
And there's the player himself :)

On Friday nights, right after this practice, Thomas heads to his own travel league soccer practice.  Starting next week, Saturday soccer games at the YMCA will start up.

Last Saturday, though, we were "free" so after a fund-raising pancake breakfast for one of Thomas's football friends, we all met as a family on the tennis courts:
 The teams were Tom and Margaret against Frederick and me. . .Marie is spectating, Thomas snapping the photos :)
 Jenni and Frederick
 Ready to go at the net!
 Going for a point!
 Margaret ready for a ball
 A serve?
 Good position
 Margaret and Tom
 Great form for a non-tennis player!

Yesterday was another Saturday without much on our plate.  After Margaret and Frederick played with us in the above pictures we were approached by someone that does Saturday lessons at the tennis courts and he asked if they'd like to come the following week (yesterday).  They decided to do it from 8:30-9:30 and liked it a lot!  I loved seeing them out on the court :)  I didn't get any pictures, though, because I had my buddy, Linda Hurt, to play with two courts down -- I get out whenever I can!!

After tennis we picked up Thomas's friend, Amadeus, to go boating with us.
What a gorgeous day!!!
Amadeus and Thomas
 Frederick
 Margaret
Tom and Marie

There were some wild tube rides. . .
 Just getting started. .
 It was a windy day -- causing some bumps :)
 That splash would be Amadeus. . .again. . .
 An easier ride with Frederick?
 Let's try three :)
Can't believe I caught this!!!  Both Amadeus and Thomas were on the tube this time.

I had some "tube time" myself. . .
. . .ha!  This lasted all of about 10 minutes. . .the other kids quickly "found" me too. . .

And the tube was used for the usual "ferrying" of food from the boat to the island. . .


Not to mention the ever-popular "pushing game" (someone from another boat parked there joined in on the fun too!)



Even Tom got in on this fun :)
 
And then they even used the tube as a raft to get to shore when we stopped later for one last swim:



It was just a beautiful, perfect day.  There was a slight chill in the air -- fall is on its way -- but still summer-warm.  Thomas did get up on skis but no pictures of that.  When Tom went to get the truck to pull the boat out I took one last shot with my camera (panorama being one of my new favorite settings):
Sunset Marina, Dale Hollow Lake
Apparently, helicopters land here now too :)

~ Jenni

Comments

  1. Thank you for your nice comment over at Team Skelley. It is such a small world- Middle TN native over here, born and bred! Your children are adorable!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like everyone had so much fun! I am from Middle TN, nashville!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment