Skip to main content

8:40 a.m.

So far today I've. . .
*Played an hour of tennis
*Made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen
*Boiled eggs for dinner
*Tried to work on my "catching up" blog post but the power blinked and I lost it
*Bought a Christmas gift for my girls and nieces
*Sent a few e-mails (sorry, Nancy, I was half-way through yours when the power surge happened)
*Solidified weekend plans with my sister
*And one of my children began his school work for the year:
Looks happy about it, doesn't he?  Really, in all sincerity, we got done May 20th so it's time to get back into it.  They all did math placement testing last week and yesterday we picked up their school books.  The kids are technically in "private school" because the school does all testing, grades, offers tutoring, etc.  We pay them tuition. . .I just make sure they get their work done and get them there on their testing days.  For instance, Frederick will have to complete and test on 5 history books, 5 Language Arts books, 5 Math books, and 6 Science books before December 15th.

Here is their "first day of school" picture from yesterday. . .in front of their school/testing center:

Today. . .well. . .it's a good day for the pool :)  We're planning on heading out in a little bit to Gilley Pool. . .because summer isn't over yet so we might as well take advantage of flexible schooling!!!
Parents, I promise, I will get the "catching up" blog done soon. . .OH trip, night boating, Thomas's Death at Dawn fitness experience. . .

Love,
Jenni

Comments

  1. So good to catch up with you here! I can't believe I missed your graduation - congrats! I have applied to grad school for spring...it will be a slow ride with the ages of my kids (senior down to 2nd grade) but I figure I can just plug along. You inspire me (and thanks for that quote - loved that!).

    Seeing your pics reminded me of our 3 yrs of hs'ing. Lots of memories! I wish we started school earlier here - it's too hot to do anything so they might as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment