Skip to main content

16 Years

Happy Anniversary Tom!!

I woke up with these lyrics in my head:

I'm proud of the house we built.
It's stronger than sticks, stones, and steel.
It's not a big place sittin' up high on some hill.
A lot of things will come and go but love never will.
Oh, I'm proud.
I'm proud of the house we built.

Truly, no lie, this was the tune in my waking mind (no, the radio wasn't on -- ha!). Isn't it so true?  What we have is not tangible. . .not something that can be measured in any way in this world, by our currency.    And I'm so lucky. . .we're so lucky?  Blessed.  Definitely blessed. 

This is the most recent picture of the two of us. . .maybe we can get one today and it will be the Picture of the Day?

These you should recognize. . .16 years ago. . .

Will have to find some from 21 years ago. . .know we have those laying around somewhere too :)

Thank you for loving me.  You are the best husband for me.  You know me better than I know myself sometimes.  You value our time together.  You  love the Lord.  You are a fantastic example of a man for our children.  I can't ever imagine life without you.  I could never, in a hundred million years, have imagined THIS life WITH you -- ha!

So. . .we can't be accused of being "that" couple -- the overly-romantic, mushy ones -- but we CAN be accused of being doggedly committed to one another, our Lord, and our family.  We're so blessed to agree on the most important things in life.  I LOVE YOU TOM BELL!!!  AND THANK YOU, 16 YEARS AGO, FOR MAKING ME YOUR "MRS" -- best line ever said -- "I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Bell!"
Now THAT would have been a great place to get married :)

Comments

  1. Congratulations on 16 years! Found you through the Company girls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment