Skip to main content

An Ordinary Summer Evening

"Ordinary" can be soooooooooo good :)




I was feeling especially blessed at 5:44 p.m. this evening so I went around to record why.  No "special" reason. . .just safe, healthy kids, doing their own thing before Daddy gets home. . .Thomas was working on recording some of the soccer plays he helped out with at Marie's afternoon YMCA soccer camp today.  Margaret had a puzzle out and Marie was putting a game together to play.  Frederick was wrapping Tom's Father's Day gift. . .it came in the mail today, a day late :(

 Puzzle abandoned
 Game in full-swing with Margaret screeching "don't take my picture!"

 Dinner prep
Daddy's home!  Now, to change the oil. . .

 Mammaw's deviled eggs made.  Meat out and ready to go.
 Potatoes are on (remember that).  Oven pre-heating to roast asparagus and other pan ready for onions and peppers.
 Beautiful Marie
Catching and throwing a football on the trampoline.
With her dad :)
See Uncle Brian?  Uncle Tom can throw too!
 The other three were riding two bikes.  Yes, they were arguing.  And Yes, Margaret is avoiding the camera.
 Pretty great jump, huh?  He asked me to take this picture, then when I didn't get it the first time he patiently re-tried :)
 And Frederick built a smaller ramp. . .but I couldn't get his pic not blurry.  He got tired of me trying to re-take.  Yep, I'm enjoying my new camera.  Nope, I haven't inserted the computer disk to learn how to use it yet. . .soon?  I know it has tons of great features!

 Well, when I was outside taking pictures of boys jumping ramps and Marie throwing the football, I forgot that the stove was ON. . .potatoes = burnt.  We didn't eat those.  Ugh.  At least they were just leftover baked potatoes from Friday night so the only loss was the time it took to cut them up and the butter used in the pan.
 The griller
 Moving from football to soccer.  Did I mention that she already spent 6 HOURS today in soccer camps???
 Thomas helping her with some throw-ins.
 Not sure about this mess.
Sink's not too full yet. . .
 Time for dinner!  It's late. . .but it's summer so who cares?!?
 We used paper tonight. . .I'd already run and unloaded the dishwasher twice today (we had 3 extra people at our house over the weekend and I was still backed-up).
 Thomas got his hands on my new camera. . .Margaret is still hiding her face. . .but what about the flash???
 That's a flash -- ha!
 Finally, a Father's Day picture :)
 Nothing big. . .a new rash guard shirt for boating.  Just wish I would have gotten it Saturday :(

 Let's wind up the day. . .
 Yes, he was asked to do this.  No, he didn't argue.
 Soaking those aching feet. . .
 And *finally* a voluntary smile from Margaret :)
Frederick heading in to brush his teeth. . .

We always record the trips, the special events, the family gatherings. . .but it's these "everyday" things that make up our lives. . .that make us who we are.  I want to remember these small things that add up to such BIG blessings to us.

Love,
Jenni

Comments

  1. Hi....
    you had a great summer time with your family. I get exceedingly enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment