Skip to main content

A Day in the Life in Pictures

Yesterday I toted the camera around and took pictures of our day. . .each sequence starting with a picture of a clock, then the kids and what they were up to.  This wasn't exactly a typical day as we didn't leave the house until almost 3 p.m. and that was for a work meeting at the YMCA for me.  But, alas, here is our somewhat-normal. . .
Only 2 kids up at this point -- awesome!!!  And doing schoolwork, no less. . .
 Thomas finally got up but not Margaret. . .I ventured in to get a picture anyway.  And thought I'd snap a pic of the laundry room I woke up to too. . .




2+ hours later. . .













The laundry got folded but the kitchen was a little worse for the wear. . .











Time for lunch and a break from school work!!!
(Lunch was "on your own" so I'm not exactly sure what they all ate). . .but they do enjoy their free time that comes with homeschooling. . .the goal is 2 hours each day -- NO SCREEN TIME!


Marie was waiting for Thomas to come outside and help her practice her goalie skills.  Unfortunately she is such a strong offensive player (she made half the goals for her team last weekend) that her dreams of being in the goal may not come to fruitation. . .











Break's over. . .back to work. . .


























I really do love how the kids can just move around and do their work "where ever". . .it will be a huge shock to their systems when they (someday) go back to school and have to sit in desks and do subjects in the order the teacher deems instead of the order they want. . .glad to give them this time in their lives.

Now time for us to wrap things up so *I* can go to work. . .


On my way. . .look at how many miles I drove between Tuesday and Thursday (on rt)! 85 degrees isn't so bad either :)
Listening to. . .
I'm not a fan of these books but the kids seem to be enjoying them.  Can't say that I'm sad that this is the last one (for now). . .

Arriving. . .

Not bad.  It's about a 13 mile drive. . .

After my meeting (refresher First Aid and Blood Born Pathogens) I came home to this:















And Marie was ready to make dinner:

Finally, after dinner, a haircut!!!!











And Margaret back on her skates. . .















Winding down the day 12+ hours later. . .
Ooops. . .no. . .let's get one game of Rummikub in before bed. . .

 While Thomas finishes up his work for the day. . .actually, he was trying to get all of Friday's work done, too, so he could have a "day off". . .yea for him!
And look at this. . .the kitchen cleaned itself up fairly well too. . .
Just little memories to remember these sweet times by. . .

~ Jenni

Comments

  1. Looks like a fabulous day. Love the big ol' bucket of crayons! We have a box at my parents' house from when we were growing up. I don't think my girls or my grandkids will have to ever buy any crayons. =p And hooray for the clean kitchen at the end of the day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment