Skip to main content

Cousins photoshoot 2010

Each year my sister and I get together and have our kids pictures taken together.  One year I didn't think it was all that important and skipped it.  I'm so very sorry now.  It's now become a tradition and one that I hope we continue for a long, long time.  We try to start planning the session in the summer. . .and this year you wouldn't believe the hurdles we had to jump to make it happen!  With six very active children in cities 300 miles apart we really have to *make* it work.
This was our photographer.  JVJ had hired her to meet up at a park for her family portraits then I brought my kids a little later so we could do the 6 kiddos together.
I guess in this picture Marie and Frederick weren't quite sure *which* photographer to look at yet -- ha!

There were lots of fun poses and set-ups. . .these are my photos while trying to stay out of the way :)  Angela's (the photographer) are way better and more professional, of course.


And then they *insisted* on a pyramid.  And kept asking. . .
It ended up being my favorite shot of them all, once I saw the proofs.
Margaret must have still been getting her balance. . .in the photographer's shot she is straight along with the rest of the kids.  JVJ was back there holding Susan (on top) up.
The best part, of course, is falling down. . .
JVJ did the hard work. . .she went to the mall (because she doesn't live in small-town America like me and they have those kinds of places -- ha!) and then called me.  I, in turn, looked at the outfits she was considering online from the comfort of my living room :)  I really appreciate her doing the "hard work" of shopping -- not something I enjoy at all.  The kids all looked fabulous.
Susan & Frederick, 1st grade & 2nd grade.  They are cute, cute, cute together!!!
Thomas and AM, 6th and 5th grades.  They have always been especially close.  I was AM's babysitter for the first four years of her life, so she essentially grew up with Thomas as a big brother.  She and Marie are just 3 1/2 months apart in age.
Speaking of. . .Marie and AM, 4th & 5th grade (although AM is younger -- she is brilliant).  One Christmas when they were toddlers I made them matching "cousins" turtleneck shirts to wear together.  And, until this fall, AM has always been taller.  I think Marie has grown several inches over the summer.
Our youngest girl, Susan, and my beautiful Margaret.  Uncle Brian had a football game going on. . .these two are not the jocks -- ha!
With no boys of his own, I'll bet he hasn't done this in awhile :) My boys *love* it when Uncle Brian tosses the ball around with them.  Yep, he played for our high school team -- and just for reference, dear brother-in-law, that was 19 YEARS ago!!!!



We headed to the Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner then topped the night off (a school night for the VJ kids, no less) at DQ.  I love that we have pictures to record these times together.  It's so easy for the "busy-ness" of life smother these small but significant times together.  This is a GREAT group of six, if I do say so myself :)


Comments