Skip to main content

Buried

Buried under responsibilities. . .some in my head, some concrete.  No time to blog, read blogs, read books, keep up with the news (I didn't know about the miners?!?), finish any projects, play games with the kids at the drop of a hat, watch television (not that that is ever on top of my list) but also am finding that there isn't time to keep up with laundry, plan/make meals, or, as in the case today, even change our sheets and make beds.  My wonderful, caring, incredible, supportive husband is picking up more than his share of my "slack".  True, I substitute teach.  And work at the YMCA.  And am taking 9 graduate hours.  And am a mother to 4.  And a daughter.  Sister.  Friend.  Aunt.  This semester at school is really baring down on me.  I have 3 book reports to write -- I've only read 1.5 books so far.  A 10-pg research project.  I just figured out my topic today.  A weekly 4-7 page assignment due to an instructor whose only feedback has been (after submitting 5 papers) a one-line e-mail this week saying I have an "A" and to "keep up the good work".  Oh, and the first three chapters of my thesis.  I had class tonight and our instructor said that if we aren't "well on our way" with Chapter 2 we should be getting "nervous".  Oops.  Not there yet.  So. . .I need to bury myself for the next several weeks.  I hate to miss family things.  And kids' things.  And spending time with Tom.  But this is just a season, right?  Everything is over the first week in December.  So. . .until then. . .I'm still taking pictures, still journaling in my head.  The kids' wardrobes are turned over from summer to fall/winter.  I think most major clothing items have been purchased including Thanksgiving outfits for the kids.  Dentist appts. were marked off the list yesterday.  Everything else will have to wait.  Marie's birthday is in 10 days.  Thomas's birthday is mid-November.  Marie has invited Grandpa Foster and Mammaw down for the weekend.  Tom's parents are here this weekend.  Thomas has a birthday party booked on 11/20.  And tomorrow is the last day of the kids' Fall Break.
I am determined.  I have been given a wonderful opportunity to get my Master's Degree, I just didn't anticipate the cost of family time.  But I have to graduate in May to fall under "old" standards, which is important to me.  Then it will be done.  And I can fill up the next chapter of my life, Lord willing :)

Comments

  1. Hang in there! It is just a season. We are almost at the end - Horray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. What a busy woman! Thank God for supportive husbands! ( I have one of those too, and I don't know what i would do without him!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment