Skip to main content

My one-month blog break

I have missed blogging!!! SO much has been going on. . .I just plain haven't had the time. Real people have to take priority but I want this to be a journal for my family too so I probably should find a little more time.

I like posting pictures the most. We had awful storms yesterday and when we lost power it fried our main computer so no pictures today. Not that I've been taking many. . .it's just when I blog I find reasons to take pictures :)

My VERY LAST paper for this semester is due at 11:55 tonight. It is done except for citing sources. I'll do that after church today. I should have an online final this week (but with a current 100% in the class I'm not too worried about it) and than another final in statistics this Thursday. My class has a study session scheduled for today and I'll probably go. Statistics is NOT fun and not something I am wholly interested in. Sigh. I'll have a break until June 2nd when I walk out of that classroom Thursday night! Yea!

I have enjoyed school this year. I'm glad I had the opportunity to go back. If I continue on my current clip I'll be graduating this time next year!!!

The kids' soccer season is in full swing. Games were rained out yesterday and one was rained out last week too. Tom is coaching Frederick's team again -- I LOVE seeing him on the field with those kids! Marie loves the game and works really hard. Thomas is just a "natural" and he's at an age where it is FUN to watch his team play. Margaret is not a soccer player but a dancer. She got her costume a week ago and it is the best one she's ever had. She loves it too. Can't wait to post pictures.

Tom's parents are here this weekend. It's a busy time to have company but always so wonderful to have houseguests. When I got stuck at school Friday they were a great help to have in town and shuttle kids around for me. I miss having family near, for sure. But I love where we live more (for now).

The kids have 3 WEEKS of school left -- yea! Things are really winding down and there are lots of field trips and "special days" planned. I've also been working a lot -- on average 3-4 days a week. I'm staying busy, which I love. Teacher Appreciation week is this week too. As president of the PTO I am planning a Mexican Fiesta for the teachers on Thursday. And I didn't have it on my calendar so I also accepted a sub job from a friend on that day too. Rats. Double-booked again. I hope to have a good turnout of helpers. . .so far I have a casserole and soup coming. . .and plates and napkins. I sent home notes with all 700+ of our students on Friday so hoping a FLOOD of responses comes in today and tomorrow. . .?!? We have 70 teachers and staff to feed. . .

Yesterday my mother-in-law and husband painted our bathroom. I LOVE it!!! If I had the capability of posting pictures I could show you how many different colors we tried before Tom went to Lowe's last weekend and finally bought a gallon!!! We've lived here for almost 4 years and our bed and bath have never been painted or decorated. . .although we've made small attempts. Having the bathroom painted inspires me!!!

I just heard my phone beep. It is 7:51 on Sunday morning. Life never stops. But I'm not complaining :) My husband and father-in-law are still sleeping. . .church in a few hours and another day of storms so we'll have to figure something out with the kids. . .another day in the house might drive everyone crazy!!! We lost power for four hours last night. . .our dinner plans changed from spaghetti to ham sandwiches by candlelight. And the girls found batteries to their portable CD player and thought to put in a new book on tape that we got from the library Wednesday. That was kind of fun -- all 8 of us sitting around the living room listening to that or playing DS games.

It's nice to be journaling again. Hope to have pictures next time. . .this is my "new" scrapbooking venue. . .no time for the real thing these days!

Comments