Skip to main content

What we are up to right now. . .

Sunday night, March 21st.

Tom is playing Thomas's DS (because he's already in bed!)
Amanda is playing Frederick's Gameboy (because he's already in bed)
I am browsing blogs, amazed at some things that I'm seeing. . .and just really impressed with others!

Here are some examples:

Some of the bloggers that I regularly follow just returned from a Compassion International Trip. 822 children were sponsored because of this blogger trip. INCREDIBLE! Check out Ryan's post.
And Kristen has such a way with words. . .
These egg wreaths are awesome. . .but don't know that I have the time for something this fun?!?
Doesn't this CPK's BBQ chicken pizza look divine???
And back to mission trips (I told my husband I am amazed how drawn I've become to the idea of participating on something like this with our family. . .). I LOVE Vicki's "scrambled thoughts" at the end of this post.

Last night was Grandpa Foster's birthday. He came down for a weekend visit. . .and brought a family friend with him, Amanda. She's on spring break this week and decided (crazy girl) to spend it with us!!! Yea! Anyway, the kids HAD to get him some Under Armour -- he doesn't have any and this is a crime according to our children. Believe me, it's not like Blind Side around here where it's all we have (it's great stuff but way too expensive to have more than a few pieces) but it was a birthday gift and we try to give the kids free reign to buy what they really want for gifts. So. . .doesn't he look good? Is it the shirt or the grandkids that bring out that smile?
His birthday dinner was great and Amanda and the kids made him Easy Cappuccino Cake. Our photographer (Amanda) did a great job snapping this picture!
Anyway, did you notice anything in a couple of the above pictures?

THE LIVING ROOM IS PAINTED!!!Yea!!!

The color is darker than we expected (and doesn't have as much of an olive tone that we wanted) but we like it. Not everything is placed back on the walls yet (those are piles of framed pictures and my crosses in the basket next to the buffet) but furniture is back in place and I am ready for a new project! I'm noticing that it's time for spring. . .I think I'm going to do different (lighter) window coverings. . .
And we lost an outlet cover between last Sunday when we took them all off and placed them in a gallon zip-lock bag and yesterday when we put them all back on. . .????

Comments