Skip to main content

Randomness

I have lots to say (don't I always) but none of my thoughts are organized. My husband said "what are you going to do today?" and I didn't have an answer. I don't like aimless days like these. Someone called me to sub today but I had a 8:20 IEP meeting for Frederick so couldn't do it. The principals at my kids' school suggested that I go up to the central office and meet our director of schools so he knows who I am (I would like to have a job someday. . .) but I've called twice today and he is out. I was supposed to meet a good friend for lunch but the battery on her phone died so we couldn't communicate about a meeting place. Sigh. I have two hours left before I have to pick up the kids and I am working at the Y tonight so I have that to look forward to. . .and I am subbing tomorrow and Friday so I might not have any time after these two hours! Feast or famine. . .

Here are some random pictures:Ugh. This is my kitchen counter. I HATE it. I know everything that is there and no, I haven't found a better place for it. . .yet.
Here is my other counter though, and it makes me happy :)
And this is a table. . .we call it a coffee table. . .and it ALWAYS looks like this. I need some storage!!! Yes, we are a reading family and most of this is picked up at some point during the week. . .

Oh, we have bookshelves. . .and then we stack "extras" next to them. . .

(this was a recently purged bookcase. . .)
And this piece of furniture (my favorite in the house) is stuffed full of not beautiful antique dishes and linens. . .but more games!
And then there is this question. . .why?!? Are the Bells the only kids who can't hang up a towel???Or put away a videos and games???

Look what Tom put on our mirror that I noticed last night -- I kinda feel like a teenager with a picture of my boyfriend stuck in the mirror :)
I like that he thought to do that instead of hiding it in a drawer. . .the picture was taken at a Valentine's dinner that our church had a couple weeks ago.

Random thoughts too. . .

"One lick from the lollipop of mediocrity and you'll suck forever" -- LOVE it -- it was a FB friend's posting a week or so ago and I can't let it go. . .just so true.

"The method is wrong, the message is right" -- while the Lord was working on me yesterday (think wide-open, letting me "have it", no holds' barred), someone said this to me. I fall into this category. . .the truth is soooooooo powerful and I'm thankful to know it.

"My motivations have changed and I need to re-adjust them" -- this is me, talking to myself, after a day of reflection. Somehow, I have changed my motivation style and am thinking more inwardly instead of outwardly. It's been a slow change that I haven't seen happening but again, yesterday, the Lord pointed this out to me. Today I am a new person. . .I'm back on track (I hope!!!)

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Yea!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing... I am in a blogging rut. I feel like I post the same thing, day in and day out... not much going on- I got some good deals at Kohl's - two new cardigans! Horray for me! I love love love my cardigans! Anyways, I miss you. Thanks for the phone conversation.

    Wishing it could be in person, Melody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment