Skip to main content

Got Green?

This is what I've got to show you in honor of St. Patrick's Day. . .
I got up early to make a treat for the class I'm subbing for today.
4th grade.

I found the idea for the green from Bakerella but didn't use her recipe (just a white mix and 1/2 bottle of food coloring -- I added that to my measuring cup before the water so I didn't have too much liquid).

The ice cream cone idea came from I-don't-know-where. . .sometimes I just start clicking links on blogs. . .it stuck in my head b/c I hadn't done it in awhile.
They looked better than they tasted, I fear. I couldn't get them done!!! I baked them for the usual "cupcake" time (20 minutes) and then an additional 5 and then I think 5 more. . .until the the cake tester came out clean. Anyhow, I do think they looked really neat and the kids didn't complain at all!!!

And. . .I got the first coat of paint on the walls!!!! Here is the cross wall. . .And this is 24 hours after my shot yesterday. . .The room needs a second coat. . .and the color dries much darker than I thought but it will work. Tom and I think it works nicely with the white woodwork.

Thursday and Friday is Spring Break -- yea! Not a plan at all on the books. . .:)

Comments

  1. Love the color! Is that celery? :)
    As always, I miss you. Need advice, please!
    Love you, Mel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment