Skip to main content

Season of motherhood

My season of motherhood started almost 11 years ago. My firstborn, Thomas, is an incredible person. Here is a favorite picture of him, taken and edited by a good friend a couple weeks ago. He's a swimmer (a sport he's very good at but doesn't like unless he's competing)

and a soccer player (a sport he really loves, and I love watching!)And he's really gotten good on water skis. . .

He looks like his dad in his build and coloring, but his face is mine and he's sensitive like me. God has blessed our family incredibly and Thomas is a huge part of our blessings. He's in the fifth grade and actually likes school! So did I at that age :) I had an opportunity to be a long-term sub for his teacher at the beginning of this school year and did it for four weeks -- and Thomas was thrilled to have me there. I really liked being there too and my heart is joyful that he wants me around and to know his friends.
I have said to my husband for the past year that I want to freeze time RIGHT NOW (yes, "right now" for 365 days!) because the kids are at such a good age. And we're in such a good place as a family. My kids truly love and LIKE one another. They are good friends and play well together. They complement one another and my prayer is that they always keep this friendship among themselves.

No, life is not "perfect" and neither is he or his mother. But I like to remember and put in black-and-white the GOOD things. . .things that I am proud of and love about my children, my husband, my life.

The more I look through pictures of this year the more I want to write. . .I could write about my children all day. Last year for Christmas I made each of them a photobook, a digital scrapbook of sorts, with the story of their year for them. I'm going to have to get working on those ASAP if I'm going to do them again!!! They are so much fun. . .I encourage you to do it too.

Tomorrow I'll introduce my second born.

Comments