Skip to main content

Christmas shopping!

It's that time of the year!!! I have decided instead of doing individual gifts for family members(our three sets of parents and three siblings) this year, I am going to put together baskets for each of them with items that I love and/or find meaning in. I have a MILLION ideas, so we'll see how many actually make it into the baskets! My goal is $75/basket, including basket, wrapping materials, etc. I know it seems expensive but really, individual gifts generally run anywhere from $40-$60/each so this is probably about the same. My nieces still have their own gifts (they are 9 & 5) and I love to give gifts to the adults so this is my solution.

My first order is for Ethiopian coffee! I have a good friend, Aime (check out her adoption journey at www.longingforafrica.blogspot.com) who is raising money for their Ethiopian adoption by selling various items, one of which is this Ethiopian coffee. I myself am not a coffee drinker but think this might be interesting for the 3 families I am giving this to. I think I'll fill in hot chocolate or tea for the non-coffee drinkers.

I encourage you to check out the McGinnis' blog on my sidebar! You will be inspired by their story and how God is leading them in the building of their family. You may want to donate to them or purchase a gift for yourself or someone else this holiday season. In my coffee order I also placed an order for Family Road Map for us. . .was trying to get a picture of it here but still too new at this blogging thing. Here is a little snippet for you: "creating a family purpose statement, establishing family values, identifying key mile-markers for their children, and thoroughly evaluating the yearly personal growth of each of their children"

Happy shopping!!!

Comments