Skip to main content

A Week at 6:30 & Hello Monday

 I had this idea last Monday to take a picture at 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. each day, just to see what a snapshot of "life" looks like in this season for me.  I chose 6:30 because that is when my alarm tells me my day starts (most days I wake before then, but you'll see one day this week I did not!) and then we feed the dog at 6:30 p.m. so I thought that would be "easy" but, alas, it wasn't.  Turns out I'm not home much at 6:30 p.m. - ha!

Monday, April 29th 6:30 a.m. - 
Had my hot and cold drinks prepared, and the pineapple I bought the week before still sitting there (I cut it up before I left for work that day).
6:30 p.m. - 
Reading blogs (which of course almost always sends me to shopping sites - ha!) and watching Forever Home with the Property Brothers.  My timestamp says I took this photo at almost 9 p.m.  Didn't get off to a very timely start :)
Tuesday, April 30th 6:30 a.m.
I did take this at exactly 6:30 a.m. - one day we'll finish painting the kitchen.  Sigh.  Just a "regular" morning in our house with three people living here and two in-and-out.
7:24 p.m. - look at the rainbow that was showing off while I was playing tennis!
Truth be told, I only remembered to take a picture because of the rainbow.  I had to be quick - our court time was from 6-7:30 so we only had 6 minutes left to play!
Wednesday, May 1st 6:30 a.m.
The doggie checking the lay of the land on this foggy morning.
I took this at 7:39 p.m. - I promise we had three courts full at 6:30 p.m. though!  And I think I ended up staying until after 8 - it was a GOOD night for pickleball :)
Thursday, May 2nd 6:30 a.m.
I brought the laundry upstairs to fold because Laura and I were leaving after work to go to Cincinnati so it was easier to do everything upstairs.
6:30 p.m. - 
I think this is the only true 6:30 p.m. picture I got - we had just passed into KY from TN, which is what reminded me :)
Friday, May 3rd 6:30 a.m. 
I love, love waking up at my sister's house to this beautiful backyard view. . .this was from inside because they currently don't have any furniture on their patio so I just opened the side door and did my Friday Favorites blogpost from my perch inside.
6:30 p.m. (o.k., it was 7:35 p.m.) - 
We picked up dinner for us and my mom - Laura made the mistake of giving Sadie a bite when she first started eating so then she had her at her feet the entire meal :)
Saturday, May 4th 6:3(5) a.m. - 
No alarm to wake me up, but Lizzie (the other dog) has an internal 6:30 a.m. alarm, so I was up. . .Charlie wasn't ready to start the day yet though. 
Twelve hours and one minute later: 
Dinner at Cozy's with my mom and Laura :)
Sunday, May 5th 7 a.m.
And here you go!  I woke up just before 7 a.m. and these puppies (o.k. 16/17 yr old and 9? yr old) were still in bed with me - *I* was the one who got up first!!
I don't get to have dogs in my bed unless I'm at my sister's when she is gone. . .they'll pick me if they don't have another choice.
6:18 p.m. - I grabbed this one early, otherwise it would have been another shot of the road - both times Laura and I switched drivers in Richmond, so we both drove 1/2 way both days.
Just for fun, since I seem to like sleeping dogs, here was 6:30 a.m. this morning - our doggie laying in the hallway. . .
Tom's alarm goes off at 6 but I was up before him this morning - by the time this picture was taken I had already showered and was sitting in our bedroom chair browsing blogs :)
Since it's Monday I'm linking up with Sarah and Holly I'll post a few more things from the weekend :)
Lots of dog-walking with my girl!  My sister lives in a really great neighborhood that backs up to another great neighborhood, so it's always nice to get out and walk.  
We spotted these guys out there one night!
My sis was at a medical conference and one night they had an event at the Museum of Natural History in DC - the organization went all out for this!
Ellie and Robert went to a wedding of one of his Camp friends - I'm so glad they know how much I enjoy getting pictures from them :)
Laura and I met up with my dad and Virginia at church on Sunday and then we went out to brunch.  I was happy to have two 3-generation pictures this weekend :)
And I would love to post the picture I got with a friend I also ran into at church (I held her when she was a baby and now HER "baby" is in 4th grade!!!) but I didn't ask her permission and she's generally pretty private.
I added Erin's graduation picture to my Mom's wall - Stephen still hasn't gotten any of his photos taken :/. Look at that grandma - 6 grandchildren - 6 HS graduates and almost 5 college graduates.  Abby will make it too I'm sure - give her a little time. . .she's only 19!

Hope it's a great week Blogworld!
Love,
Jenni































Comments

  1. What a fun week! Love how you captured mornings and nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of taking photos two times a day at the same time, twelve hours apart. I'm going to borrow this idea, if you don't mind, and do something similar on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration! I already took my first picture...and would you believe that two times every day of my life, I look at the clock at exactly 6:33? I wonder if it's because it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses, which is Matthew 6:33...it talks about seeking the kingdom of God first. I love the puppy pictures! We have dogs, too, and my phone is filled with early morning pics of them snoozing away. I hope you have a wonderful week, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment