Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 01.21.22

 

This is supposed to be a regular weekly feature but nothing has been "regular" about my blogging ;). I'm taking the approach of a step is still a step. . .even if it's a little late or a little wobbly.  

I have enjoyed participating in Friday Favorites over the years and linking up with Andrea and Erika -- two of my favorite mom bloggers.  Although a decade younger than me and 10 years behind me in parenting years, I remember those times well (I did the majority of my blogging through them!) and enjoy watching these mommas navigate family and motherhood and their outside jobs too.  

I've missed blogging but rarely miss reading the link-ups at the end. . .in fact, I've "found" many of the bloggers I now follow on my sidebar through Friday Favorites.  

Here we go!

These sinful little treats.  Marie brought them home and I told her "never again".  Truly. . .so, so good.  

Another Marie purchase -- she bought this for her Aunt for Christmas and after her aunt finished it, she gave it to her to do.  Marie got it started then left town for a few days so I've been hard at work on it. . .I really like having a puzzle out to work on here-and-there throughout the day.  She, though, is the puzzle master.

While working on puzzles, I enjoy listening to podcasts.  A few of my favorite are:
Greg McOwen author of Essentialism (the only book I have finished and immediately started again!) and Effortless (which is still in my library queue to read).  

I have been reading the following ladies' blogs for a decade or so (and have read some of their books) so I'm super-invested in their lives and enjoy their weekly chit-chat sessions.  Because I "know" them and have been following them for years I know their likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. so their recommendations are valuable to me.  I purchased A LOT of Christmas gifts this year based on items they love and use.
Snow is not normally a favorite, but there is something to be said for the first beautiful snowfall of the year.  We got several inches, which is unusual (generally just flurries or barely an inch) so this was fun for some people.  This one fell on a national holiday (MLK Day) so it was welcomed by many.  Here it is, now  Friday, and the snow has been gone for a couple of days.

We now have a pizza oven in our backyard :). Frederick and Marie are still not back in school (where have these long winter breaks come from???) and decided that they wanted to build a pizza oven.  They designed, shopped, built, and then cooked us some pizza!

Lastly, I love, love, love organizing and am happy to have the time to do so.  This week I hit our fridge and under-sink cabinet.  
I even lined the bottom of the cabinet this time -- I'm surprised the difference it makes in opening the door now -- it's so much brighter!

Well. . .that's it from here. . .the Community College girl started back this week and the University of Tennessee kiddos move back to campus later today.  Back to our new life of One at Home.  We might adjust better this time round?

Happy Weekend,
Jenni




Comments

  1. I love your backyard pizza oven! Yum. I bought those peanut butter cups one time (Years and years and year ago) and I still remember how delicious they were.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment