Skip to main content

A New Season

When I started this blog years and years ago I was looking for an outlet, a way to connect with those we had moved away from in Ohio.  It was also a way to stay connected to the "outside world" because where we had moved didn't even have television service and we have never subscribed to a cable or satellite. Through this blog my kids "grew up". . .then we moved to East Tennessee, the kids were in middle school and high school, and blogging became a passive hobby of mine -- one that I continued to follow but rarely participated in.  I miss it. . .but then again, when do I have the time and what would I talk/write about??

And now, here I am, an Empty Nester, and feeling lost.  What now?  What's ahead?  Looking back on previous posts, I miss that happy, full life but these last years have been just as happy and full, just not documented.  I think when Smart Phones became the "everyday" phone the "need" to connect through the internet just wasn't the same.  But. . .here we are, here I am, looking for an outlet.  A reason to start taking pictures again!  It's amazing how my documentation of life through pictures has become a little weaker too.  

So. . .I'm going to stumble through this new season.  College/early marriage wasn't necessarily "hard". . .just something I did because it was expected and the way forward.  God had blessed me with a family to get me there and a high school boyfriend who I have been lucky enough to build this life with.  I had followed my life-long dream of being a teacher and went straight into the classroom from college. . .then straight to marriage, became a homeowner, a dog owner, and parent.

Motherhood, hopefully, has defined me.  It is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me.  I have loved every day of it. . .but I can say that because of the tremendous support I have always had in this journey.  Not everyone is as fortunate to have family, churches, resources, or time to do this job like I have.  

And now. . .well. . .it's a season I am uncomfortable in.  What do I do?  Some days I say "who am I?" but that is a lie that Satan tries to distract me with so I won't go there.  What's next?  I have always been a "move forward" kind of person and I find myself treading water here at the end of 2021.

So, I think I'm going to reach out into this blogging world again.  Does anyone even read these anyway?  It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other -- it's MY journal, my notes, my thoughts and if people come along the way to comment and start conversations I will be so happy.  I LOVE community and have always gone back to this one.  In fact, I have never stopped reading the other blogs -- you can see them on my sidebar :).  (I've also noticed how their blogs have changed, found their space, or, in some cases, like mine, drifted away.) I have a few thoughts of what I would like to do with this space. . .we'll see which bloom and take shape.  I know what I like in other blogs so will try to follow those practices if possible.  We'll see.

Until then. . .a couple more days of November and then on to December 2021!!!  This Christmas season will look different than the past 15 -- new traditions for this new life space.  First up today is a tradition that I *am* keeping -- the annual Foster Family Calendar.  Here is what I think the cover is going to look like:

Gotta keep working!

Let me know if you have any ideas for this here blog :)

Jenni







Comments