Skip to main content

Last Day of School 2012

I *almost* forgot this picture this morning. . .half of us were in the van, buckled in and Thomas said, "Mom, you forgot to take our picture!"  I will *forever* remain grateful to him for reminding me :)

Here was last year. . .just a few days later.  My, what a difference a year makes. . .I could never, ever have imagined that they would all be where they all are now. . .or me either!  I sent the first picture to my sister this morning and she replied back that she couldn't believe how "grown up" Margaret looked. . .and I didn't really understand that statement until right now, when I see the difference in a year. . .her hair is so much longer. . .and Thomas so much taller. . .in last year's picture they are holding up their final report cards. . .they all did well again this year too.  This last picture makes me a little nostalgic for "what was" (homeschooling with Daniel 1 Academy) and yet again, as I reflect on these last five months, I'm grateful we've had that opportunity (public school) again too.  Sigh.

Busy summer ahead!  *I* still have 3.5 days of school but not much stress.  Report cards went home today.  I had a couple hours to clean things out in my classroom so I think all my inventories and paperwork at school are done or almost done.  Today was a bit crazy because there wasn't a schedule or routine (which drives me crazy) but it's over and we're happy.

Onward and forward into summer. . .!!!!

Comments