Skip to main content

A busy day off

Wow! Today was one long day!!! I really want to post pictures too but it's late and tomorrow will come quickly. . .so. . .better just record these silly things before they get away from me :)

Of course we were out of school for Martin Luther King Day today. . .we have had ONE FULL day of school since Christmas break. Crazy, huh? Well, after a rainy weekend we really made up for it today. The five of us left the house at 7:30 this morning and did not return until 5:30 this evening! Can you believe it?!? This no longer surprises Tom. . .he's used to me go, go, going. I played tennis (indoors) at 8 a.m. for 1.5 hours. The kids were questionably good. . .in the end good enough for donuts. That is usually my "bribe" when they have to come and sit during that time with me on Mondays. . .I am really proud of them that they respect me and my desire to play enough that they quietly (well, as quiet as an 11, 9, 7, & 6-yr-old can be) play games or watch their portable DVD player or whatever. Today they forgot the DVD player so that is where the "questionably" part comes in :) We were looking for a particular donut place that someone had told us about but couldn't find it so we had to skip that so I could make it to the YMCA for a meeting I had with my sports' supervisor. I had a little work to do too so we didn't get out of there until 11:30. A friend had invited us over to her house -- she has 4 boys -- so we picked up some donuts at Wal-Mart and went over there. By then it was 54 degrees outside (in January!!!) and all the kids skipped this terrific lunch she had prepared to play outside. What was nice was the uninterrupted lunch we then got to enjoy :)

Another friend texted me and asked if I'd like to play tennis at 3:30. . .I never say "no" to that so I took 3 of the older kids with me and headed to the outdoor courts to play again!!! She did beat me 7-6. . .I think we both fought hard for our games! Her littlest one had a meltdown 1+ hours into our playtime so we left the score there and I went back to my friend's house to trade kids around. We came home to dinner!!! That was fantastic. . .almost already done! Tom made us ham & eggs, broccoli, and french fries. It was really good -- doubly so because I didn't make it! After dinner we gave the kids ONE LAST Christmas gift. . .my aunt had bought them two more Wii controls and a new Wii game.. .Mario Galaxy I think. We don't allow television or video games on school nights but made a 1-hr exception so they could try everything out. It will be a long stretch until Friday when they're allowed to get it all out again. . .

I finished my first paper of the semester and turned it in tonight. . .it was an autobiography. The only "hard" thing was it had to be 4 pages long!!! When I first got the assignment I really didn't think I could write that much but. . .well. . .I did. I also posted in the two discussion groups that I was required to post in and am still working on making sure that my one class is indeed a graduate (vs. undergraduate) class. HOPEFULLY that will be straightened out tomorrow because I need to order the book and get started there.

I'm beat. . .can't figure out why?!? It's been a long and productive day. I didn't even check in with any of my "usual" blogs but know they'll all be there tomorrow. The kids go back to school, someone at the Y called me tonight to see if I could work in the morning so I'm going to fill in there, then we have the usual swimming-ballet scramble of Tuesday night. It isn't too bad b/c the centers are about 2 miles apart and their start/end times are staggered. I already have dinner planned and bought -- yea! So. . .I'm thinking my picture posting won't be as frequent with this schedule -- I'm DYING to show you what I did with my bonus room yesterday! It's not cute by any means. . .but all sorted and ORGANIZED! Yea! It will be a peaceful place to sleep when my husband and I give up our bedroom this weekend when my dad and stepmom come :)

For anyone reading, I hope that you can list 3 things you are thankful for today. Somedays I can list 30, some days only 3. Remember, God wins!!!!! (That's one. . .)

Comments